“Decent enough rooms. Terrible restaurant”

BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Burnley
“Decent enough rooms. Terrible restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice enough rooms. Good selection of teas/coffee/hot chocolate and more and bottle of water. Modern and decent size tv with freeview with sky sports and sky one. Powerful shower. Wifi can be a bit temperamental and disconnects often, seems to differ from room to room though. Wifi speed measured at 2Mbps so once you get a signal it's fairly decent. The restaurant leaves a lot to be dessired. Didnt have great expectations although was pleasantly surprised by the selection available. However I'm afraid to say the execution was pretty poor. Steaks did not seem to be great quality and would be surprised if they weren't supermarket bought. Fish was overcooked. Chips pretty tasteless. I have no idea why these aren't fresh cut chips rather than frozen out of a bag. There are also some bizarre combinations such as steamed mussels with grated cheese. I think they would be better going back to basics and making really simple good tasting food.
Overall it's fairly good value and rooms are good. If stairs are an issue for you then this isn't the hotel for you but for most people it isn't an problem. Stayed during the week so can't comment on the noise from 'event nights' but it was perfectly quiet during the week. Pool and gym facilities were good. Just do yourself a favour and don't eat in the hotel if you would like a good meal.

• Stayed July 2013
BWOaks, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am disappointed to hear that not all aspects of your stay were positive. I will be using your feedback to ensure we improve the service we offer our guests in the future.

David Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Renewed our wedding vows on 19/07/13.excellent organisation from Donna and team.food beautiful,location excellent as were all the amenities.staff very friendly and helpful.our party booked 20 rooms and there was not one complaint from them.me and my wife stayed again 03/08/13 and again everything was above standard.we have just booked again for 16/08/13 for the seventies night and looking forward to it.many thanks again to Donna and all the staff.

Room Tip: Speak to staff to advise on your requests
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BWOaks, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Best Western Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club, I am delighted to hear you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in for the 70's night..

Kent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here whilst away on business , firstly the building is very old and quirky what I thought was lovely however the food was shocking very bad and the food was badly under cooked including chicken , the rooms were very small and had a damp smell also beds were worn and needed replacing as had lumps in mattress , I was on the ground floor and my view was a brick wall and had water leaking down one of the walls I asked reception to move rooms and was told no. they offer free Wi-Fi however I couldn't get connected once during my stay I was told its broken. overall I would say it was a poor experience and not a place I will be returning

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gary00
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, I was sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as positive as it could of been, We strive to continually improve our service offered and I have taken on board your comments and passed these onto the revlevant departments within the hotel.

I apologise that you could not move rooms as we were fully booked, the internet was down in the area due to external issues which was out of our control.

If you wish to discuss your stay further don't hesitate to contact myself.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently visited the hotel along with my partner and our 23 month old son. The hotel was in a lovely setting and only 10 minutes drive from the town centre. The staff at the hotel were very polite and very helpful. The room was a lovely size although a little bit of a walk from the reception. The swimming pool was very relaxing. Breakfast was beautiful very fresh and hot. Plenty of choice from the continental buffet and English breakfasts could be personalised. Would defianately recommend this hotel for families or couples.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Best Western Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went for a family wedding & extremely disappointed, i will simply list the issues! They ran out of pepsi,strongbow & bitter on the Friday , ice was being put into drinks with fingers not scoops! we were ushered into other rooms to get out of the way of another wedding party (3 on that day!), forced to move from the gardens within 10 minutes of ceremony finishing as another wedding party wanted their photos there! The breakfast specifically black pudding was
Undercooked! The wedding food main was cooked within an inch of its life, the puddings clearly done the night before as the coulis was dried onto the plate! A young child was sick - it took 15 minutes & telling staff on 3 occasions until somebody came to clear it away. Whilst staff chatted around the bar. Then to top it off the majority of fellow guests were made to move rooms on the 2nd night . Then 2 of us were moved from a double bedroom into a single - ( 3 quarter bed). Overall if choosing for your wedding go elsewhere!!

• Stayed July 2013
BWOaks, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. May i apologies for the issues you encountered. I will review your feedback with my team and take appropriate action.

Yours sincerly
Nelson Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The wedding day held here was perfect, good food, excellent service, and a truly beautiful location with well kept gardens and plenty of room for the kids to run around.
Staff are courteous, always smiling and very eager to be helpful in any way.
Function room was clean and bright and the tables laid out with great care and attention to detail.
The executive bedroom we stayed in had pleasant decor, was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. Bathroom was also clean and modern with courtesy toiletries supplied.

Slight whinge - Room was rather warm during the recent hot weather and a fan would have been nice as with the windows open people leaving can be a bit noisy, but a minor detail didn't spoil anything for us.

We didn't make use of the children's activities or the spa so cannot comment on those.

Room Tip: Our room 102 didn't have air/con which we would have expected in an upgraded executive room. Wit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BWOaks, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was delighted to hear your experience was so positive. I will share your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a day here shooting training videos for a new business. The manager gave us a great rate on a conference/function room and the staff went out of their way to help us, providing tables and chairs, serving lunch and helping with things like how to turn air con on and off. They even helped keep the room quiet while we were filming by putting notices on the doors. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. I will share your comments with my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

David Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
BEST WESTERN Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Old Stone Trough Hotel
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook

Been to BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!