Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Burnley
“Awful!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went for a family wedding & extremely disappointed, i will simply list the issues! They ran out of pepsi,strongbow & bitter on the Friday , ice was being put into drinks with fingers not scoops! we were ushered into other rooms to get out of the way of another wedding party (3 on that day!), forced to move from the gardens within 10 minutes of ceremony finishing as another wedding party wanted their photos there! The breakfast specifically black pudding was
Undercooked! The wedding food main was cooked within an inch of its life, the puddings clearly done the night before as the coulis was dried onto the plate! A young child was sick - it took 15 minutes & telling staff on 3 occasions until somebody came to clear it away. Whilst staff chatted around the bar. Then to top it off the majority of fellow guests were made to move rooms on the 2nd night . Then 2 of us were moved from a double bedroom into a single - ( 3 quarter bed). Overall if choosing for your wedding go elsewhere!!

• Stayed July 2013
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. May i apologies for the issues you encountered. I will review your feedback with my team and take appropriate action.

Yours sincerly
David Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Nelson Lancashire
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The wedding day held here was perfect, good food, excellent service, and a truly beautiful location with well kept gardens and plenty of room for the kids to run around.
Staff are courteous, always smiling and very eager to be helpful in any way.
Function room was clean and bright and the tables laid out with great care and attention to detail.
The executive bedroom we stayed in had pleasant decor, was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. Bathroom was also clean and modern with courtesy toiletries supplied.

Slight whinge - Room was rather warm during the recent hot weather and a fan would have been nice as with the windows open people leaving can be a bit noisy, but a minor detail didn't spoil anything for us.

We didn't make use of the children's activities or the spa so cannot comment on those.

Room Tip: Our room 102 didn't have air/con which we would have expected in an upgraded executive room. Wit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was delighted to hear your experience was so positive. I will share your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a day here shooting training videos for a new business. The manager gave us a great rate on a conference/function room and the staff went out of their way to help us, providing tables and chairs, serving lunch and helping with things like how to turn air con on and off. They even helped keep the room quiet while we were filming by putting notices on the doors. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. I will share your comments with my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Shipston on Stour, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never complained about a hotel before but this was disgusting. The staff were rude, the hotel is poorly laid out and the rooms are too hot. There is simply no air. I went to ask for a fan and was told (very rudely) that they hadn't got any. The staff didn't answer the phone and the time I went to the reception, I had to wait for 20 minutes. I spent over 2 hours in the swimming pool which was cold (to cool down). The rooms were poorly decorated. The photo I have attached is of my window which wouldn't open because it was next to a poorly constructed extension which blocked the window from opening. Overall, it was shocking....if they can't get air-con, get fans. The only positives I would say is that the spa area was quite good and the grounds looked nice. The hotel itself is terrible...I'd recommend sleeping in your car instead.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car instead.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet with your expectations. With the current warm weather demand for fans is quite high at the hotel. I will purchase some more to try and avoid similar issues in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay further please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards
blackpool
Reviewed July 14, 2013

my first visit to this hotel, a family wedding brought us to the oaks, it cannot be beaten. In every way from the staff, accommodation the evening dinner and breakfast. the surrounding fields and quiet location were perfect for a memorable family occasion. The en-suite rooms were spacious and the bed and bathroom were perfect. This hotel is guaranteed a good few more visits, just for the sheer joy of stepping back in time but with all the modern facilities. The drinks are a little pricey, but hey, the accommodation was remarkably reasonable. Relax in the fact that if you book a room here you will be amazed at the value and you WILL want to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent no matter where they are located as it is set back in it's own private g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. I will pass your feedback onto my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

stayed one night as part of a team of cyclists doing the leeds liverpool canal. rooms where very good, couldnt fault them for value. breakfast was very good as well, but best of all where the staff, really excellent, from sorting a place to secure the bikes to sorting food as we had arrived late. the management should be very pleased with their team. well done to you

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I was delighted to hear that my team made such a good impression as that's what we aim to do for all our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our sole reason for choosing this particular hotel was its location close to a party venue. We were more than happy with our choice. Without exception staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful and seemed to work as a well-motivated team. The standard of furnishing in the large bedroom was very good. There were 2 weddings on the day of our stay and what a lovely venue it is for a function with its beautiful staircase and grounds providing a backdrop for some lovely photos. I was aware of the many steps within the hotel before booking. We had a ground floor room which, with the help of the staff, it was possible to access by a side door and thus avoid the steps. This did involve walking across grass. We were able to have a drink/tea coffee in the bar before bed after returning from the party after midnight. All the usual facilities plus a spa. The only thing which stopped me giving this hotel an excellent rating was the temperature of the food and the cold plates on the cooked buffet at breakfast. The quality of the food, it's presentation and cooking were all good, just let down by a very inadequate temperature.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your comments to the team. I will also look to rectify the issues that you raised with regards to breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

David Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook
Travelodge Burnley
Travelodge Burnley
#6 of 7 in Burnley

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!