“Conference Room facilities”

Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a day here shooting training videos for a new business. The manager gave us a great rate on a conference/function room and the staff went out of their way to help us, providing tables and chairs, serving lunch and helping with things like how to turn air con on and off. They even helped keep the room quiet while we were filming by putting notices on the doors. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. I will share your comments with my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never complained about a hotel before but this was disgusting. The staff were rude, the hotel is poorly laid out and the rooms are too hot. There is simply no air. I went to ask for a fan and was told (very rudely) that they hadn't got any. The staff didn't answer the phone and the time I went to the reception, I had to wait for 20 minutes. I spent over 2 hours in the swimming pool which was cold (to cool down). The rooms were poorly decorated. The photo I have attached is of my window which wouldn't open because it was next to a poorly constructed extension which blocked the window from opening. Overall, it was shocking....if they can't get air-con, get fans. The only positives I would say is that the spa area was quite good and the grounds looked nice. The hotel itself is terrible...I'd recommend sleeping in your car instead.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car instead.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet with your expectations. With the current warm weather demand for fans is quite high at the hotel. I will purchase some more to try and avoid similar issues in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay further please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 14, 2013

my first visit to this hotel, a family wedding brought us to the oaks, it cannot be beaten. In every way from the staff, accommodation the evening dinner and breakfast. the surrounding fields and quiet location were perfect for a memorable family occasion. The en-suite rooms were spacious and the bed and bathroom were perfect. This hotel is guaranteed a good few more visits, just for the sheer joy of stepping back in time but with all the modern facilities. The drinks are a little pricey, but hey, the accommodation was remarkably reasonable. Relax in the fact that if you book a room here you will be amazed at the value and you WILL want to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent no matter where they are located as it is set back in it's own private g...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. I will pass your feedback onto my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

stayed one night as part of a team of cyclists doing the leeds liverpool canal. rooms where very good, couldnt fault them for value. breakfast was very good as well, but best of all where the staff, really excellent, from sorting a place to secure the bikes to sorting food as we had arrived late. the management should be very pleased with their team. well done to you

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I was delighted to hear that my team made such a good impression as that's what we aim to do for all our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our sole reason for choosing this particular hotel was its location close to a party venue. We were more than happy with our choice. Without exception staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful and seemed to work as a well-motivated team. The standard of furnishing in the large bedroom was very good. There were 2 weddings on the day of our stay and what a lovely venue it is for a function with its beautiful staircase and grounds providing a backdrop for some lovely photos. I was aware of the many steps within the hotel before booking. We had a ground floor room which, with the help of the staff, it was possible to access by a side door and thus avoid the steps. This did involve walking across grass. We were able to have a drink/tea coffee in the bar before bed after returning from the party after midnight. All the usual facilities plus a spa. The only thing which stopped me giving this hotel an excellent rating was the temperature of the food and the cold plates on the cooked buffet at breakfast. The quality of the food, it's presentation and cooking were all good, just let down by a very inadequate temperature.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your comments to the team. I will also look to rectify the issues that you raised with regards to breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at the Oaks Hotel for one evening, since this was a close hotel to my wedding venue the next day. Myself, and my ushers / best man stayed across two rooms. The prices are very competitive to the local area, and the rooms were clean and tidy; they had all the facilities necessary for a short stay - kettle, tv etc. The hotel itself is on a lovely setting, beautiful wide open grounds and very traditional decor inside.

We ate at the hotel's restaurant, I must say the Beef Wellington was gorgeous - I would recommend it! The highlight of my visit to this hotel was the sincerity and friendliness of the staff. I must add a very big thankyou to the lovely waitresses Beth and Sally for making our evening so much fun - nothing was too much for them and they were a great help. Also, Dan (manager) and Becky (supervisor), they help run a great team, and the customer service quality really shows.

Since it was the day before my wedding, the leisure center helped me lots. Free to anybody staying at the hotel, there is a decent sized gym, with lots of cardio and weight machines to loosen up on. I loved the swimming pool, nice and clean - it certainly helped to relax me! I would also recommend using the steam room, equipped with a menthol spray, the leisure center really helped me to have a relaxing stay.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel, if for nothing else but the great attitudes of the staff at hand to help at any time. Any questions, feel free to message me.

Darren

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ramsden85
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the food and service in our restaurant and will be passing your feedback onto all you have mentioned. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Do not be put off by the reviews for this hotel, we have just come back from a one night stay in room 103 of this hotel. The room was large airy and very clean and looked as though it has had a recent refurb!
The rest of the hotel areas are fantastic, they are very well kept and you feel as though you can play Lord of the Manor, as the hotal has many original features!
The quality of the food was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast, in addition the staff members we dealt with Emma on reception and Tiffany in the restaurant were very helpfull and very friendly.
I cannott comment on the Spa facilities as we did not use them.
I would certainly reccomend this hotel!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your feedback to my team and in particular Emma and Tiffany. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

David Martin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Foxfields Country Hotel
Foxfields Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Billington

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!