Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Sparth House Hotel(Clayton le Moors)
Very Good 4/5
The Maple Lodge(Clayton le Moors)
Good 3.5/5
Swan & Royal(Clitheroe)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomstained glassmobility issueslisted buildingold buildinglovely hotelbeautiful buildingafternoon teafrom start to finishwedding plannerbiscuitsreception stafffour poster bedenjoyable stayevening mealbridal suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at the Oaks Hotel for one evening, since this was a close hotel to my wedding venue the next day. Myself, and my ushers / best man stayed across two rooms. The prices are very competitive to the local area, and the rooms were clean and tidy; they had all the facilities necessary for a short stay - kettle, tv etc. The hotel itself is on a lovely setting, beautiful wide open grounds and very traditional decor inside.

We ate at the hotel's restaurant, I must say the Beef Wellington was gorgeous - I would recommend it! The highlight of my visit to this hotel was the sincerity and friendliness of the staff. I must add a very big thankyou to the lovely waitresses Beth and Sally for making our evening so much fun - nothing was too much for them and they were a great help. Also, Dan (manager) and Becky (supervisor), they help run a great team, and the customer service quality really shows.

Since it was the day before my wedding, the leisure center helped me lots. Free to anybody staying at the hotel, there is a decent sized gym, with lots of cardio and weight machines to loosen up on. I loved the swimming pool, nice and clean - it certainly helped to relax me! I would also recommend using the steam room, equipped with a menthol spray, the leisure center really helped me to have a relaxing stay.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel, if for nothing else but the great attitudes of the staff at hand to help at any time. Any questions, feel free to message me.

Darren

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ramsden85
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the food and service in our restaurant and will be passing your feedback onto all you have mentioned. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Do not be put off by the reviews for this hotel, we have just come back from a one night stay in room 103 of this hotel. The room was large airy and very clean and looked as though it has had a recent refurb!
The rest of the hotel areas are fantastic, they are very well kept and you feel as though you can play Lord of the Manor, as the hotal has many original features!
The quality of the food was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast, in addition the staff members we dealt with Emma on reception and Tiffany in the restaurant were very helpfull and very friendly.
I cannott comment on the Spa facilities as we did not use them.
I would certainly reccomend this hotel!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your feedback to my team and in particular Emma and Tiffany. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel. We had a couple of very minor issues which were dealt with straight away by very friendly staff. The food in the restaurant was excellent in the evening. I thoroughly enjoyed my king prawn in sweet chilli sauce starter and chicken piri piri main course. My husband had duck which was cooked to perfection. The breakfast was very tasty apart from my scrambled eggs which were very rubbery and tasted reheated but everything else was cooked well. A great breakfast selection. We would definately stay here again. There are a lot of steps and corridors to get to some rooms but we did not mind that. The rooms were clean, well decorated with comfortable beds. We could not hear noise from the bar or the prom that was on that evening. The bar has very comfortable leather chairs and a good selection of drinks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy L
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the food in our restaurant. I will pass all of your feedback onto my team. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed May 15, 2013

As part of a weekend night away, my partner booked an executive room at a discounted rate and with this we got bed and breakfast. The cost was really good value but as part of an advantage scheme.

On arrival the hotel looks stunning, set off the main road on expansive grounds. The reception area is hidden on the right hand side. The receptionist girl was extremely helpful and friendly and could not do enough to make us feel welcome.

The room itself was very nice, an executive suite overlooking the front of the hotel. The room had everything we needed but was slightly dated. But the view was great, very lord of the manor. However for, I'm guessing, one of the nicest rooms in the hotel to be above the function room seems ridiculous especially when you feel like you are sleeping in a 1980s discotheque.

The leisure facilities were extremely dated and in desperate need of a makeover. This continues throughout the main areas in the hotel. The restaurant was very outdated and seemed dirty and in need of a good clean or lick of paint. Luckily we only had breakfast but again this was decidedly average.

If it was not for the price, I would have been very disappointed. Potential is there to be a great hotel, but I'm under the impression that its best days are over and would not plan a return visit.

Room Tip: Executive room excellent, just ensure no late night functions taking place.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was disappointed to hear that not all aspects of your stay where positive. I will be using your feedback to ensure we improve the service we offer our guests in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our mother recently passed away and we contacted the Oaks to arrange her wake. The function was organised by Donna and she was absolutely superb, very caring towards us at a difficult time.
The wake was brilliant , a lovely room, an excellent buffet, and contributed to a lovely send off for our mum.
I would recommend this hotel for any type of function

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to hear that we looked after you well during what is a difficult time for you. I will pass your kind comments onto Donna and the rest of the team.