All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomstained glassmobility issueslisted buildingshort cutold buildingstair caseafternoon tealovely hotelbeautiful buildingbiscuitsfrom start to finishwedding receptionenjoyable stayreception stafffour poster bed
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We have stayed within the Burnely area a number of times visiting friends and this time selected to stay at the Oaks hotel. I will deffinately be returning!!!! The rooms were clean and comfortable, the food fantastic overall great value for money. The staff were helpful from arrival to check out with a special mention to be made about the manager Dan. Nothing was too much trouble for him making us feel welcome throughout our stay. A big thank you to him!! We will deffinately be back next time we are visting friends.

Highly recommend the Oaks best hotel and staff in the area!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I've stayed in Burnley a few times as I have family there and the Oaks is probably the best "non-budget" hotel in the area, especially for the price which was £78 per night for an executive room which included a generous breakfast (albeit the milk was off one morning and had to be replaced) and use of the leisure facilities which unfortunately we didn't have time to use.

The room was spacious and comfortable with a nice view and a good size flat screen TV plus an iPod docking station built into the wall. The first night was a bit noisy until around midnight due to a wedding disco taking place below us, but it was bearable.

We had dinner at the hotel on the first evening and despite being told at reception that they were "very busy and that we should book" it turned out that we were the only people in the restaurant so there was a distinct lack of atmosphere! Our waiter was clearly new to the role and whilst keen, needs some training as he didn't follow restaurant etiquette when it came to serving the wine as he didn't offer us the opportunity to taste it first and needed prompting to pour it!

That said the food was good and the price very reasonable.

Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend at The Oaks where my daughter and now son in law got married. From the moment we arrived the day before the wedding the staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable and the food was fantastic from the day before the wedding with a potatoe pie supper, breakfast on the morning of the wedding and on sunday, the wedding breakfast and also the evening buffet. The bar and reception staff were all lovely and when my daughter came down the magnificent staircase with her dad the staff were lined up en-route to the ceremony. If you are thinking of getting married we would truely recommend The Oaks for all the special touches. Thank you all , Diane Moss.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights at the oaks. Since my last review i am pleased to say its improved. The Authors bar now has a choice of wines by the glass.
The Food has improved, however, the fish was overcooked and tasteless. The fillet steak was really good.
My work friend also tried the fish, and that was equally not good in his opinion. I will not select the fish again at my next stay.
The staff were excellent, the room was clean, and plenty of hot water.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
OaksHotel, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you once again for your comments regarding your stay at The Oaks Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that the services you receive are improving and we shall endeavour to continue to improve.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated and only helps us to continue to develop our products and services.

With regards to the fish dishes this is an area the Head Chef will investigate further, our menu does change frequently so please do try our new dishes.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My eldest son was married here early in June. His wife had put her heart and soul into every little detail and the end result was a truly magical day. The hotel staff were polite and attentive. The food was fine and the overall rating of the entire weekend was a memorable occasion at a memorable venue. The Oaks did my daughter-in-Law proud.
John Dearden (Rossendale Lancs)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family