All reviews leisure facilities steam room stained glass mobility issues listed building short cut old building stair case afternoon tea lovely hotel beautiful building from start to finish wedding reception enjoyable stay reception staff four poster bed evening meal
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend at The Oaks where my daughter and now son in law got married. From the moment we arrived the day before the wedding the staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable and the food was fantastic from the day before the wedding with a potatoe pie supper, breakfast on the morning of the wedding and on sunday, the wedding breakfast and also the evening buffet. The bar and reception staff were all lovely and when my daughter came down the magnificent staircase with her dad the staff were lined up en-route to the ceremony. If you are thinking of getting married we would truely recommend The Oaks for all the special touches. Thank you all , Diane Moss.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights at the oaks. Since my last review i am pleased to say its improved. The Authors bar now has a choice of wines by the glass.
The Food has improved, however, the fish was overcooked and tasteless. The fillet steak was really good.
My work friend also tried the fish, and that was equally not good in his opinion. I will not select the fish again at my next stay.
The staff were excellent, the room was clean, and plenty of hot water.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
OaksHotel, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you once again for your comments regarding your stay at The Oaks Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that the services you receive are improving and we shall endeavour to continue to improve.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated and only helps us to continue to develop our products and services.

With regards to the fish dishes this is an area the Head Chef will investigate further, our menu does change frequently so please do try our new dishes.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My eldest son was married here early in June. His wife had put her heart and soul into every little detail and the end result was a truly magical day. The hotel staff were polite and attentive. The food was fine and the overall rating of the entire weekend was a memorable occasion at a memorable venue. The Oaks did my daughter-in-Law proud.
John Dearden (Rossendale Lancs)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Very comfortable and big rooms, decor is dated, and reminded me of a early 80's show home.
Gym and pool were very good with excellent equipment on offer. Forget trying to get a mobile signal in your room (Vodafone).
Food was fantastic, especially the evening meal, breakfast service was awful, kept forgetting the order, it's not hard is it?

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Went to our friends wedding here at the start of June. Was the most wonderful day! The venue was gorgeous and the atmosphere was truely romantic. The food was delicious especially the chicken and our room was extreamly comfortable. Ignore negitive people who say the weddings here are beautiful yet title their comments 'not bad, nothing special.........??? Can't work that one out ??? and to say it is a wedding which was presumably paid for, some people should just be grateful! The Oaks is amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family