All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomstained glassmobility issueslisted buildingshort cutold buildingstair caseafternoon tealovely hotelbeautiful buildingbiscuitsfrom start to finishwedding receptionenjoyable stayreception stafffour poster bed
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Went to our friends wedding here at the start of June. Was the most wonderful day! The venue was gorgeous and the atmosphere was truely romantic. The food was delicious especially the chicken and our room was extreamly comfortable. Ignore negitive people who say the weddings here are beautiful yet title their comments 'not bad, nothing special.........??? Can't work that one out ??? and to say it is a wedding which was presumably paid for, some people should just be grateful! The Oaks is amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This Hotel is the best I have been to in a long time and I do spend most of my time in Hotels!

It is a fantastic Hotel with lovely staff who are polite and very helpful. We had a wonderful evening meal in the Restaurant and the quality of the food for both the evening meal and the breakfast was amazing!

I wish people would not write such negative reviews on a place which is truly a wonderful night away....

Well done to the management - keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: Book this Hotel for amazing value for money!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller2808
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Came to the Oaks Hotel for a wedding. It looks amazing from the outside. We went to our room which was upstairs....then downstairs....then upstairs again. It was like a maze! The room we stayed in was very dated. The shower wasnt very good. The bed was comfy though! Our friends room was lovely & modern. Nice big bed....flat screen tv. Nice looking bathroom.

The wedding was beautiful. Didnt really like the food. The soup was bland. The chicken was dry but the cheesecake was nice. The evening buffet was good though.

Breakfast was cereal, yoghurts or a cooked breakfast. I just stuck to the yoghurt. My boyfriend said the cooked breakfast wasnt all that. He said the black pudding was good, but not the sausages.

I wouldnt stay here again, unless I was at a wedding.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Well where to begin, just got married at the oaks hotel and it was the best day of our lives! Everything was perfect and we can't thank the staff enough. From the minute we booked it we were thoroughly looked after by the fab wedding planners nicola and Dan. The food, drink and venue were all amazing and I'd recommend the oaks to anybody. Please visit this magical place!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I will get the negative out the way first... The suite the bride and groom stayed in had toothpaste marks on the floor and had obviously not been dusted for a long time. Minor issues though when you take into account the fantastic service everyone received that I'm sure could of been rectified had the issue been raised but no one was interested as we were more interested in the Wedding.

The Wedding was conducted fantastically and the staff were very helpful in directing everyone throughout the day.
The food was ample and the quality was very resonable although the cheesecake desert was very think and stodgey.
Both babies and children were well catered for and our elderly relative was looked after well.
The evening do was wonderfull and againt he staff were extremley helpful and friendly and the event room was lovely, spaciously set out and decorated wonderfully.

The hotel itself was a beautiful hotel set in gorgeous grounds and very decorative features and furniture as befit the period feelings in each individual room.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!
Thank you to the staff for making the day one I'll never forget.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family