“We will definitely be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro 197

Bistro 197
Ranked #1 of 171 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bistro 197 is a family run business providing great food in a relaxed atmosphere ensuring the customer has the best experience.
Burnley
“We will definitely be back”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try Bistro 197 after finding such excellent reviews on tripadvisor. It's nice to be able to go somewhere so local and have such a lovely meal with Great friendly service and very well priced.

Can safely say we had a lovely evening out. First one since our daughter was born in April 2013. Thanks and see you again soon

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Bayliner185
bdc197, Owner at Bistro 197, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Bayliner 185,

we are so pleased you enjoyed your evening and hope you manage to visit us again.
Bistro 197 team

London, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Great food, lovely atmosphere. The food here is better than any around, it's like the nutters of old. Great prices. Will be back very soon.

2 Thank Mikeymcfc
bdc197, Owner at Bistro 197, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
HI Mikeymcfc,

thanks for your great review, we are glad you enjoyed the Bistro and hope to see you again soon.
The Bistro 197 Team.
Burnley, England, United Kingdom
“Best Place in Burnley”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is an amazing little Gem. The food is fantastic, I had Scotch Broth, which was nothing like I had ever had, it was superb. For mains I had the roast beef, the Yorkshire pudding was huge, beef perfectly cooked and gravy was sublime. For Desert I had I had the orange creme brule which was amazing, to end it all I had a lovely caramel latte, which was followed by some complimentary chocolates This is definitely the best place to eat in Burnley, the service was fantastic and staff were extremely polite. There were 8 of us that went and everyone's food looked great, tried a bit of everyone's and it was all ace, need to go back and try every single dish on the menu.

2 Thank Gemma F
bdc197, Owner at Bistro 197, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi Gemma, thank you for your great review, we are so pleased that your party enjoyed their time at the Bistro and hope to see you again soon.
Bistro 197 Team.
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“I wish there were more places like this!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Loved it! The owners are excellent, professional hosts and the food (in my opinion) is well above average Bistro level and is much more like a fine dining restaurant. We were told that there might have been a longer wait than usual due to a private party being held that evening but, the service was speedier than most restaurants we have visited. The atmosphere is great too with just the right level of background music that you don't have to shout over. An absolutely great place to relax, drink, chat and sample some really well though-out dishes from the starters through to the desserts. We will be returning without a doubt...and soon I hope!

2 Thank Craig W
bdc197, Owner at Bistro 197, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hi Craig, thanks for your great response, we are glad you enjoyed your evening and hope to see you again soon. Bistro 197 Team.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I recently visited Bistro 197 for my friends birthday meal, there was eight of us altogether and we had a three course meal.

The food was fantastic, I had scallops to start (delicious) followed by the lamb shank which was to die for. For dessert I had the chocolate tart which whas very nice and finished off with a delicious coffe. The menu is not huge but there's certainly something for everyone and what they have is fresh and superbly cooked. After each course there was not a crumb left on anyone's plate.

Not only is the food delicious but the service is spot on. Extremely polite, friendly and caring staff. My sister and parents went last night and they absolutely loved it. My dad had the lamb shank after my recommendation and said it was superb.

I hope Bistro 197 does well as it really is a gem!

1 Thank 187069Sally
bdc197, Owner at Bistro 197, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for such a positive review, we try to ensure that all our customers enjoy their dining experience when they visit. We are glad you enjoyed your evening and hope to see you again soon. Bistro 197 team.