“First Visit - Lovely Place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bertram's

Bertram's
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: European, British, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bertram's Restaurant embraces a passion for exquisite freshly prepared food which is beautifully presented and served in the most unique of surroundings. The restaurant is located within The Woodland Spa at Crow Wood in Burnley. This unique elevated dining experience is open to everyone – you don’t have to be a member of Crow Wood or be visiting The Woodland Spa. It’s difficult to decide which is the most impressive – the sumptuous restaurant interior, the panoramic views courtesy of the floor to ceiling glass windows or the simply delicious food. Open for coffee, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, bar snacks and of course dinner - whatever you choose from the menu it will not disappoint even the most discerning of customers. For your comfort and enjoyment, Bertram’s Restaurant is an adult-only facility (age 16 and over)
North West England, United Kingdom
“First Visit - Lovely Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Friends invited us to go to Bertrams for dinner so several weeks prior to our visit I booked via their online system, which gives the option to notify/ask the restaurant about anything, so I asked about a vegan starter and main course following confirmation by their Food and Beverage Manager several months previously that special diets were no problem. I heard nothing regarding my enquiry and not wanting to turn up on the night and it was an issue I emailed him and he sent me a copy of their menu and I said I was happy to pre-order and also let him know exactly what I did not eat like dairy, eggs etc to clarify. The menu had a garlic mushroom on toast starter with truffle oil and poached egg, so I asked for it without the egg, then Imam Bayildi a stuffed aubergine dish with rice, tomato and cumin sauce and fried courgettes. We arrived at 7.30 and had drinks in the bar. The place itself is very nicely done, lovely furnishings and bar, great lighting, nice views with open fields when seated in the restaurant which was very busy. The starters arrived and the waitress asked who ordered the glutenfree mushrooms on toast with a poached egg!! Reading customers emails who have taken the time to give as much information as possible about their dietary requirements obviously needs to be reviewed . Fortunately they returned it without the egg in a minute or two but I cannot imagine where the glutenfree element came from. Other starters were smoked salmon, trio of meat skewers and scallop and chorizo salad. Mains were trio of lamb dish with shepherds pie (voted one of the best main courses our friend had eaten for a long time), chermoula seabass with samphire and thyme roast chicken. To be fair the food was excellent, full of flavour, excellent presentation and good sized portions. Unfortunately I could not manage all my main course as I was so full but I did my best as it was so tasty and delicious. The service was excellent and the Manager apologised for the confusion about the starter which is fair enough. We would definitely return and hopefully the chef and his team could create another vegan starter and main course.

1 Thank Veganolive1

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Thursday Supper club :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Treated a friend to the Thursday special of 2 courses and half a bottle of wine each, all for £20 per person! Also used one of my free entry to the Spa vouchers, ( platinum members receive 1 every month ). The special menu was fantastic, as was the food and service. Keep up the excellent work.

Visited July 2014
TheWoodlandSpa, Manager at Bertram's, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear mastergx
Thank you for your kind review.

We are really pleased you had a great meal with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Burnley UK
“A Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

A jewel in Burnley's crown!
Fabulous location within beautiful surroundings.
My family and I had the pleasure of eating here for the 1st time this week.
The modern decor and the ambience were super!
Food was very good and, in my opinion, very reasonably priced.
The best thing though was the attitude and helpfulness of all the staff there. We were made to feel so welcome and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them.
Well done Bertram's! I'll definitely be returning, soon I hope!!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Rekcolb
TheWoodlandSpa, Manager at Bertram's, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Rekcolb
Thank you for this great review.

We are really pleased you had a great time and will be sure to pass your feedback to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

This restaurant is hard to beat, we went on a beautiful sunny evening. The views towards Pendle are awesome. The food was hot and well presented and when we asked for water they immediately asked if we wanted tap water and did not try to sell the more expensive bottled water. They took the time to make you feel welcome. And you can use your Telegraph card to get two meals for the price of one.

TheWoodlandSpa, Manager at Bertram's, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Pearl M
Thank you for your review following your recent visit.

We are really pleased you enjoyed your food and the lovely views over the Penine Hills.

We hope to see you again soon.

United Kingdom
“Can't stop going to eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The value and taste of the food and the service is extraordinary!
Compliments to the chef as you serve food my dad actually likes!! He is a hard to please person but always loves coming with us to Bertram's.
The quality of the food never faults and the service has always been top ever time we have been.
When the bill comes I always leave a tip as they all deserve it.
Thank you!

TheWoodlandSpa, Manager at Bertram's, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Mable_AEL91
Thank you for your review.

We are really pleased that our food and service have met your expectations and hope to see you again soon.