“ABOVE STANDARD”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Babar Elephant at Fence - CLOSED

Babar Elephant at Fence
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Clayton le Moors, United Kingdom
“ABOVE STANDARD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

4th visit here and the food is excellent and good value....the menu varies away from standard with excellent specials and fish dishes....

The only downside lately is the smell of drains they seem to be trying to cover up by burning smell sticks...I hope this is sorted before we revisit as we will be asking at time of booking...

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 651mickh

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Me and my partner attend this restaurant regularly and without a doubt it is the best Indian I have ever tasted! The food is out of this world, the waiters and all staff are very friendly and would go out of their way to ensure your experience is a pleasant one! Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Indian food and who loves to wine and dine in a beautiful environment with quality staff! The owner (max) is a true gentleman and is so welcoming! Can't wait to return in next few weeks!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LindsayN1992
Manchester
“Very high quality indian food with real flavours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Called in late on a Saturday night and received a very friendly welcome. Not the cheapest by a long way, but you get what you pay for, Starters fantastic - king prawn bhaji was superb. I had a chicken jalfrezi and it was again superb - very hot but more importantly the taste sensations were fantastic , full of fresh flavours and individual spices. Yes, quite expensive for a regular curry but well worth every penny, will def return soon ! thank you.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank phildee666
“What a find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a fabulous Indian Restaurant, the food is without doubt some of the best in the area.I've been here quite a number of times recently& we've taken various friends who didn't know of its existence,everyone was very pleasantly surprised with the high standard of the staff, the food & the decor. All of our friends who've eaten there say that they will definitely be going back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Elva H
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! Vegetarian and wheelchair friendly visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited here while camping locally. Despite me being a vegetarian that eats limited vegetables and a wheelchair user, this was a brilliant eating experience. I find it very difficult to find food I can eat at Indian restaurants. Everything here on the a la carte menu could be adapted for my needs. I was in heaven. I ended up having the blussi with paneer and potatoes instead of meat. It was yummy. The staff were all charming and attentive and the customer service second to none. They even bent over backwards to make up a lemon and ginger tea as they had none on the menu and I just fancied one. As they made it experimentally they didn't even charge! And it was just what I wanted. I can't speak more highly of this restaurant. My husband is sitting next to me in sated bliss as he thoroughly enjoyed it too. They even have adequate disabled toilets! Please try this eatery, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank nibby71