“The ultimate escape from reality!”
Review of The Woodland Spa

The Woodland Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The first thing you’ll notice when you visit The Woodland Spa, is our location. Set within 100 acres of the most magnificent Lancashire countryside with its undulating rolling landscape, sensational woodland and lush verdant pasture, there is a true sense of intimacy and peace created by the surroundings. The dramatic and distinct landscape is dominated by the impressive Pendle Hill – famous for its tales of Lancashire witches, sorcery and black magic in the 17th-century.This is your spa, so enjoy it your way. Whether you wish to visit us in order to indulge in our luxury treatments, visit our Thermal Suite for a heat and ice journey like no other or better still enjoy the most gratifying experience of all – a Spa Day, we’re certain you’ll love it here.Listen carefully. Soak up the sound of silence whilst you unwind and begin to relax, away from all life’s pressures and time constraints.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I honestly cannot speak highly enough of The Woodland Spa - it is utterly fantastic.

I write this review after my fourth visit to the spa - it is without doubt the best value for money spa I have ever been too.

We paid for the Relax and Dine package which was £50 for a two course meal in Bertram's (so delicious), a glass of wine and the fantastic Thermal Experience.

I really recommend The Connoisseur's Choice burger in the restaurant - the peppercorn sauce is to die for, plus the raspberry and white chocolate creme brulee is so moreish!

Unfortunately there were no slots for massages on our most recent visit, but the hot stone version is absolutely amazing - I'm a very tense person generally but I always leave feeling utterly chilled.

The cleanliness is also impeccable - the cleaners are notably going about their work throughout the day, but their presence is never felt and it shows in the pristine surroundings.

I honestly can't speak highly enough of The Woodland Spa - do not hesitate booking here! You will love it!

TheWoodlandSpa, Manager at The Woodland Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Emma N
Thank you so much for this review, it is great to read!

We are really pleased that you have enjoyed all of your visits to The Spa and Bertram's.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Woodland Spa

Reviewed July 17, 2014

What a fabulous day we have just had at Woodland Spa. From the lovely welcome with coffee and pastries to the thermal experience and treatments. There are so many different pools and steam rooms the whole day was truly amazing. The serenity pool had to be our favourite,the warm water felt like silk on our skin, the lighting was really subdued and the beds oh so comfortable. Robes towels and flip flops are all provided. A delicious 2 course lunch with a glass of wine is included. All the above is included in a package for £65 other packages are available which include treatments for various prices. If you want a day of total pampering treat yourself at Woodland Spa.

2  Thank Hazel G

Dear Hazel G
Thank you for your great review.

I am really pleased that you had a great time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed in the onsite apartment for one night as a group of 8 for my 30th birthday. Well when we arrived I was speechless, and that is saying something! The virtual tour online looks stunning but really does not do justice for this accommodation. Considering there were 8 of us staying in 1 apartment it was beyond spacious, absolutely stunning and the hamper that was there for our inclusive breakfast was beautiful. There was nothing that hadn't been considered and everything was to a very high specification, beautiful.

That evening we went to Bertram's for dinner, the restaurant was very busy but we were promptly served. The food was delicious however we were slightly disappointed that we waited almost 40 minutes for table water after asking twice and having to wait almost 15 minutes when 1 member of the party requested some butter.

The following day we attended the spa. As others have said the thermal experience alone was beyond amazing - lavish, immaculate and sumptuously relaxing! We had treatments arranged in the afternoon...but this is when things began to go slightly awry. I had the first treatment time slot (confirmed on the confirmation email and the schedule cards we had been provided with on arrival) however when I arrived at the treatment rooms one therapist appeared quite frustrated and said she had been waiting 20 minutes for my sister who was late for her manicure. I continued to my treatments and had an amazing massage by Rachel, it felt like 12 or more hours had passed while I was in that room, it was bliss, thank you!

However when I reunited with my party it seems that others weren't quite as relaxed. The therapist I had bumped into had found my sister (who had just ordered her lunch) to tell her she had missed her time slot and couldn't have a manicure, just a polish or nothing. Despite this being an error of the spa my sister was left feeling belittled and upset by being berated by this therapist.

There was further confusion with lunch, 3 had been ordered and paid for together, although only 1 arrived...again butter was requested and didn't arrive. The 2 meals did not arrive after 20 minutes and had to be chased up. Due to the confusion and delay over the order this resulted in 1 person having to rush her meal otherwise she'd be late for her treatments and another person dining alone while everyone else had finished their meals and gone for treatments.

The waiting-on staff were very apologetic and gracious in correcting the errors and provided complimentary cocktails (oh and the cocktails were delicious, even the ones we paid for) and again the food was very tasty. The staff on reception also provided exceptional customer service apologising for the error with the manicure and reimbursed this treatment.

The errors were minimal and eventually dealt with very well, but it would have been an exceptional celebratory weekend if it weren't for this little sequence of events. All in all, we did have an amazing time, we were all in agreement that we would definitely recommend the spa and would certainly return given the chance.

1  Thank jojobe84

Dear jojobe84
Thank you for posting your review following your visit.

I am really sorry to hear of the confusion with both treatments and your food. This is not standard practice and does not normally occur in the Spa or Restaurant.

I do hope this has not spoilt your day nor puts you off returning in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

What more can I say to follow the wonderful comments below. Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed an excellent day at the Woodland Spa with my daughter, a treat for her 16th birthday. It is certainly the best Spa I have visited. Everything was faultless from the moment we walked in to be greeted by the friendly, organised reception staff. The facilities are extremely clean, well maintained and beautifully designed with every type of thermal experience I can think of. I loved the glass-fronted sauna/steam rooms, etc as it didn't make you feel closed in. We were very lucky to have a beautiful sunny day so relaxing on the lovely terrace around the heated outside pool and Jacuzzi area was like being in the med! We enjoyed a scrummy high tea in Bertrams. Everything was excellent value for money. Cant wait to visit again. The only two little constructive criticisms I had was that the plastic glasses were a bit tired. I understand that plastic glasses need to be used but a number of them were cracked and worn. I also don't like the fact that people are allowed to drink in the jacuzzi's.

1  Thank Louise C
TheWoodlandSpa, Manager at The Woodland Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Louise C
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your family birthday celebrations with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have been to this spa on a few occasions at different times of the year and I can honestly say it is one of the best spas I have been to. The spa is immaculately clean and the staff professional, welcoming and polite. I prefer to go during the week as its usually quieter, although the outside bar hasn't always been open but this could have been the time of year we visited. When it has been open the cocktails are fabulous! I can also highly recommend the afternoon tea at Betrams. The thermal experience on its own is enough to keep me happy but I have had excellent treatments there too. Love the hot tubs outside, especially in the rain.

The only time there has been a problem at the spa is when there was a power cut and they had to close early. This was obviously out of their control. The staff took our details and promised to phone us back when the system was back up and running. They rang as promised and offered to rebook us in. As there were two of us who needed to coordinate diaries we couldn't book in straight away so they sent us vouchers to do the whole experience all over again with a long date on them. Perfect customer services, couldn't have asked for anything more from them.

Looking forward to going back again soon.

1  Thank 1978Lynne
TheWoodlandSpa, Manager at The Woodland Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Lynne
Thank you for this lovely review.

We are really pleased that you have enjoyed your expereicen on all visits...and really sorry we had a power cut whilst you were there!

We hope you book in again soon.