“The best place to eat- and not just in Burnley!”

Bellissimo Italian Coffee Shop and Eatery
Ranked #18 of 172 Restaurants in Burnley
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bellissimo's is a family run business providing the highest quality Italian, English and Mediterranean cuisine. We also serve fine wine and beer.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best place to eat- and not just in Burnley!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have been eating at Bellissimo's for a few years now and have never been disappointed. Each time you go, you become more friendly with the staff and find them very easy to talk to as they are all lovely and genuine people with a passion for good quality food.
The menu has a fantastic variety of all things delicious; but for me, the tagliatelle spagna has proven addictive. I no longer live in Burnley, but I shall be home from Leeds this weekend to get my fix! I especially look forward to catching up with Lynn and the rest of the family that own Bellisimo's as they always make me welcome. It's hard not to get caught up in a conversation each time you go.
I feel lucky to have discovered this little gem and more people should try the fresh, healthy food and experience the Bellissimo atmosphere; you will never eat anywhere else.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Chloe W
bellissimo31, Manager at Bellissimo Italian Coffee Shop and Eatery, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thanks Chloe, i am so glad you enjoy our abience and food, yes, it is great in catching up with you and all the going ons in Leeds and Burnley! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Burnley, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat, or just for a coffee, in Burnley”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

As stated in the title, this is by far the best place in Burnley for eating or just to have a cup of the best and BEST value coffee in Burnley. A family run business, the owners, family and staff are very attentive to our needs every time we visit, nothing is too much trouble, and we are always made to feel truly welcome. I first visited Bellisimo`s just for a take out Latte, (the usual high street coffee shops) don't come close to taste or value. Since then i have taken my family, and we now eat there at least once a week. Now our extended family and friends are visiting. The food is made fresh, and only the best ingredients are obviously used to produce wonderful food.
I never eat cakes, due to dieting, but the cakes which John makes himself, are worth a pound or two extra weight for me to lose.
If you are from Burnley or just visiting, get yourself onto Parker Lane, and visit, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Garry1882
Thank you for your very kind comments, i am glad that you enjoy our food and coffee, as you know John takes great care over the food he produces and especially his home made gluten free cakes. Looking forward to seeing the family agaIn soon.
Colne, United Kingdom
“Loads of lovely choices!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have visited a few times now and have found every visit to be very enjoyable. I don't go to Burnley very often but when I do I try to go near lunch time and then I can eat here. I have to have the gluten free options but there is plenty to chose from and everything I have had has been very tasty. It is great to be able to just order something without a big fuss. My friends and family have also enjoyed the non gluten free food, which I have to say some of them aren't always easy to please. 10/10 for everything.

2 Thank nic_crab
Thank you very much for your comments, we know how important it is to offer the rright food for certain conditons, my husband, the chef is a coeliac and has to adhere to a strict gluten free diet
we find it hard to find gluten free food even in big city centres so he wanted to do this for people such as yourself. I hope you continue to enjoy our food on your visits to burnley.
Manchester
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit here and it just gets better, had carbonara the first time which was so cheesy and tasty but the spag Bol I had the other day was something else! Yummy and great value for money. The staff were great with our baby too, good high chair and entertained him! Would love it to open in the evenings

2 Thank uk_traveller4
bellissimo31, Manager at Bellissimo Italian Coffee Shop and Eatery, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely comments. Our staff member Chloe was bowled over with your baby and loved playing with him. I hope you continue to enjoy our food and just to let you know we are adding new things on to the menu nearer christmas. We did open in the evenings when we first opened but people told us that because they could get our pastas and pizzas during the day, at a lower price, they felt that they had no need to come along in an evening and pay more money, we did try this for four months, we opened from Tuesday eve to Saturday Evening 6pm to 10pm, some evenings we had no one in at all so had to give it up. Again, thanks for your support, hope to see you again soon.
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Mmm bellisimos.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Ah bellisimos is now on trip advisor.well I have been eating here with my family usually once a week for some time now ,even when they were across the road at the other shop.Quality food,excellent pasta ,i hav'nt had pasta as nice as johns(chef)in any Italian restaurant that I have been too either here or abroad (even in italy)nowhere can do pasta dishes as tasty as johns homemade lasagne,meatballs,and more,it's very tasty,quality lean meat in pasta too,home cooked ham,tasty mature cheese,homemade pizzas,and soups,choice of different fresh breads and wraps,everything freshly made to order,we also love the proper milk shakes too made the proper way with ice cream mmm they are really good,looking forward to seeing some new items on the menu ,homemade chips were mentioned mmm,I would just like to see more choice of cold still drinks on the menu like,ribena,j20's,vimto as we don't always want a hot drink or fizzy pop.will continue to regularly eat here and I always recommend to others.lynn,her family and staff are always very welcoming,friendly and give excellent service,quality tasty proper food,at reasonable prices too.

1 Thank jewles65
Hello, read your comments with interest and are delighted you enjoy our food. Yes, everything we produce is made with quality ingredients, all our meat is from a local butchers and breads are baked on site every morning. John takes great delight in producing quality pasta and is forever creating new dishes, yes, we are adding new things on to the menu, and some things will be coming off, we plan to do this nearer christmas,. We will take on board your comments regarding the drinks, again, watch this space. Hope to see you soon. Many thanks, Lynn.