“Bringing abit of sunshine to burnley”

Bellissimo Italian Coffee Shop and Eatery
Ranked #20 of 178 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bellissimo's is a family run business providing the highest quality Italian, English and Mediterranean cuisine. We also serve fine wine and beer.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was my 3rd visit to Belllisimo today and once again probably one of the nicest, chilled out places ive eaten in a long time. The blonde lady who takes the orders (must get her name next time) is so cheerful and friendly it makes you feel like you have come to a friends for lunch.I have been gluten and wheat free for a few months now and have struggled in other places to find a decent selection but most of the dishes they serve also come with a gluten and wheat option so even if your eating with a friend who isnt wheat intollerant you can have the same dishes. Lovely place, quick and fresh food, a great selection and wonderful service from all the staff I have encountered. I usually pop in with my little sister who has special needs. Her favorite dish is the margherita pizza and she loves the quiet atmosphere too and the chocolate milkshakes!!! I especially love the selection of gluten and wheat free cakes and desserts! We will deffinately be eating there on every visit to Burnley as we live in the colne area. And Ill be speading the word that belllisimo is just perfect .

Thank you to all the staff. From Kay and Faye :)

1  Thank Kaytgreen
bellissimo31, Manager at Bellissimo Italian Coffee Shop and Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your very kind comments, my name is Lynn and i will look forward to seeing you both again soon. Ciao

There are newer reviews for Bellissimo Italian Coffee Shop and Eatery

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Amazing food and great atmosphere. I find it hard to choose what i want to eat, when there is so much great choice. my favorite is penne espanyol. I like that i can eat and drink some where in burnley with such great food and drink.

Grazie

1  Thank Elizabeth W

Thank you elizabeth for your very kind comments i notice you like the espanyol, it is a very nice pasta dish and once you have eaten it you want another, even though you are very probably full up.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Make no mistake, these boys can cook! More often than not I have the same pasta meal, (I do vary occasionally, and its always top notch) and the consistency is incredible. Fresh, quality ingredients cooked to perfection. Excellent EVERY time. Best kept secret in Burnley. The family that own this place care passionately about what they do and it shows not just in the food, but in the atmosphere which is always friendly and welcoming. Lovely food, lovely people. Give it a try and you will eat nowhere else!

1  Thank Multibob
bellissimo31, Manager at Bellissimo Italian Coffee Shop and Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank - you so much for your kind comments we never compromise on quality and strive to give fantastic food with a service second to none, we value your custom greatly.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

It seems appropriate that I have chosen today, the day that James Gandolfini has passed away, to write this review. Gandolfini played the character Tony Soprano in the extremely popular 'The Sopranos'. The show had Italian culture at it's core, and quality food always made an appearance.
All of the great things associated with Italian culture are in abundance at Bellisimo. You are guaranteed a warm, welcoming atmosphere, which is laid back and casual during the day.
Family is at the heart of this eatery and after a couple of visits, you are guaranteed to make some good friends.
The price is very reasonable for the quality of food on offer. Don't forget this is the real deal with real Italian heritage. There is a good selection of main's such as pannini's, baguettes, spaghetti and pasta dishes and of course pizza. I am told the menu is due to be refreshed and I am looking forward to seeing what that brings.
One of the areas that Bellisimo excels in is that of Gluten free cooking. There are lots of options for Coeliacs (my wife being one) and it is prepared to strict standards. There are not many places she can just go to and be able to choose from a variety of mains and desserts, knowing that she will not be ill later on.
A previous reviewer seems to have had a bad experience, but I think it's right that the owners show such a passion for their ingredients and dishes and I have witnessed this first hand in a warm, friendly way.
Ciao.

1  Thank Lisa K

Thank you for your kind comments, we are so glad that you enjoy our food and company on your visits. We will try and add more gluten free products to our menu in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Freshly made food that tastes great. Nice small place to have lunch and the deco is lovely. Would say it is the best place to have lunch in Burnley town centre.

1  Thank Ashlea M

Thank you for your kind comments, we are very happy that you like our food, we always endeavour to deliver quality with fresh food being our motto.