“Excellent stay great staff great price what more could you want”
Review of Travelodge Burnley

Travelodge Burnley
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived here on the Friday evening with my family from the moment we got here the staff were great. We had a 2 year pls with us and they asked if we needed any extra bedding for the travel cot . The room was exceptionally clean and smelt fresh it looked like new . The lady on reception asked if we needed any help finding local restaurants or places for the children which was a lovely touch and gave us a list of local places . The beds were comfy one of the best nights sleep I've had would definitely go back and to all the staff there you are a credit to the business

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Natz585
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Burnley

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is another one of the much improved refreshed Travelodges and it makes a huge difference. Clean and well kept, it's a convenient 10 minute walk to Burnley town centre if you don't fancy taking the car (even closer to Burnley Barracks railway station). It's just a pity the associated Little Chef is closed down and there's no food on site.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank lares09
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Friendly staff but room dirty, hot and lots of external noise. Large wet patch on bedroom carpet kept us guessing about what had been cleaned up. Bathroom smelled and there were lots of hairs in bath and dental floss on floor Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This Travelodge was in a convenient place for our stay in Burnley. As this was a refurbished hotel it gave what we are becoming used to i.e. a very comfortable well appointed room with enthusiastic helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
3  Thank bobnewrail
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for the second time, it has been upgraded, but lacks CCTV or decent lighting in the carpark, and a boarded up restaurant building.
Accommodation is OK, but I parked outside the front only to be alerted by my car alarm at 21.30 to see one guy standing guard whilst a second smashed all the glass down the passenger side and ripped out a factory fitted sat nav unit totalling over £3000 of damage....will not be staying here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I arrived at 1.30 am after a 1 hour drive from East Sussex through rain, traffic jams and, much worse, Yorkshire! I had been berated for doing the speed limit in Halifax, confused by poor road signs and then 'attacked' by drunks in Todmorden. My spirits were low, I was tired and anyway would have been fine.

At this time of the day I didn't expect the warm welcome that I received. My faith in humanity had returned. My spirits lifted, I went to my room with my son. The room was pleasant enough although a bit musty smelling. However, I slept very well - unusual in hotels. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. Everything was clean.

The room - for a budget hotel - had everything that was needed. The bathroom was well equipped and the shower was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone booking a budget hotel and would strongly suggest to anyone to cross the border from Yorkshire to Lancashire to get a warm welcome - worth every penny.

One suggestion though would be to remove the outdoor seating from under the trees - this did spoil the view out of the window a bit!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank HeathfieldClaret
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here for two nights. The hotel is just on the outskirts of Burnley, 15 minute walk to centre. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and as we arrived early they kept our bags until check in time, we went for lunch. As the lodge is near a main road we asked for a quiet room and they gave us one at the back. The room itself was very clean and comfy. As there isn't a pub or restaurant attached to this lodge the staff did give us a list of eating places locally. But there are two pubs close by. A good place to stay, and the cost was very reasonable. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Dawnie_7160
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Holiday Inn Express Burnley
Old Stone Trough Hotel
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa

Been to Travelodge Burnley? Share your experiences!