“Italian classic”

Ninos. The Fighting Cocks inn
Ranked #10 of 176 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family-run Italian Restaurant is head and shoulders above the rest in the area!! For Fantastic, Italian Cuisine at competitive local prices - Ninos is truly the choice for you... We pride ourselves on Excellent Service and equally Impressive Food; with breath-taking views our venue is truly one of a kind...
“Italian classic”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited Nino's fighting Cocks Burnley for a Birthday treat. Food excellent quality and overall good choice. Children's menu very good value especially as drinks can be on the higher price end. Would perhaps choice a quieter night as we went on a Friday and very noisy with larger parties in the restaurant.

Overall enjoyed the meal and would go again but more for a special occasion.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Aidan H

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant - good food generally but sloppy dessert.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went to the new Ninos for a family get-together, there were 10 of us. The restaurant is lovely - very big and very nicely done up. It's a gorgeous location - high up with beautiful views, we noticed an outside pizza oven and lots of nice outside seating - we hope to come back in the summer to try this out.

There were lots of big parties dining and quite a few families, we liked how we were on a big round table. The food was all very tasty and there were lots of good choices on the menu. We had a selection of things to share for starters, all of which was nice. I had the gorgonzola pizza for mains, my husband had the sirloin steak. Both were nice, in fact he said his was brilliant! Pizzas were all around £7-9ish, his steak was about £18-19ish I think.

I'd happily give this restaurant 5/5 if it weren't for one or two small details. Firstly our waiter could've just been a bit warmer. Also a few of us ordered the chocolate orange torte for dessert. A few moments later we were told the tortes hadn't set yet - fine, they were already out of creme brulees but we were happy to decide upon something else.The menus were passed back around, but then another waiter came and said that the tortes were fine, they just hadn't quite set but they were still delicious. So that was fine.. I think we were expecting a torte with a slightly softer chocolate topping. But the tortes were really nowhere near ready - but they just poured the still very sloppy torte mixture into dessert glasses, you could tell it would've been very nice if it had been allowed to set and then had been turned into a torte (i.e. a tart like pudding) but served in this way it wasn't very nice. This irritated me a little. We chose and paid for tortes, we'd have just chosen something else if it wasn't ready - and it wasn't. The desserts are only £6 or thereabouts but it's a little annoying, and sends out a message that they don't really care about standards that much. If we hadn't been out as a large group as a celebration where one of us was treating the rest of us to the meal I think I would've sent it back and asked to choose something else, but I didn't want to spoil what was otherwise a nice night.

Overall, I've still given it 4/5 as the rest of the meal was lovely. The restaurant itself is very nice and we had a nice time. If you could give half points on here I'd have given it 3.5/5 but my husband loved his steak (and didn't order the chocolate torte anyway so he was alright!).

Burnley, United Kingdom
“Big Dissapointment”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having used Nino's Rawtenstall for many years you can imagine how excited I was when I found out he was opening another at the Fighting cocks just up the road from where I live.
The first week it opend we were in there but the menu was entirly different to rawtenstall and rather small portions. Ok we thought early days so we gave it a couple of months and gave it another try not much improvement and very slow service although it was very quiet.So the next time we were out we went back to Rawtenstall and as before food first class although I thought £25.00 for a fillet was over the top when its only £20ish at San Carlo Manchester where all the celebs eat.
Anyway back to Nino's I spoke to one of the waiters who knows me as a regular and I was asked why I was back as the cocks is on my doorstep so I told them and they said yes the second one dosn't work doe's it.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ronnie H
Burnley
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to this restaurant when it first opened last year and we have been trying to get a table frequently since with no luck because it is so poular. Anyway we managed to get in last friday having booked 2 weeks in advance. The food, service and ambiance were all excellent. Prices are reasonable for good food and wine.

3 Thank Annie H
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Much improvement on 2nd and 3rd visit!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have returned twice now to the "Fighting Cocks" The atmosphere and service and whole experience was was lot better than the first visit. Soooooo, if you do go once and arn't too keen, then give it a second chance. Garlic mushroom starter is to die for. Will be going back again soon, x

2 Thank sausanni