“Great family restaurant”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

It was my 50th b/day weekend, had a meal to cap the week end off, couldnty have gone to a nicer place. the crawfish and prawn starter me partner had was gorgeous, i had steak and kidney suet pudding, fantastic, will definately going back already recommending it to friends,

There are newer reviews for New Waggoners

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Went via picking my mum up in crawshawbooth, as we entered the place was full good sign, nice friendly staff, not enough special menus to go around though, ordered a baguette and partner a jacket pot but he as never had a jacket pot served in a soup bowl before it was only tuna lol. But in a all would go again and recommend it to other friends.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Really nice food - well-presented but not fussy / "poncey", friendly staff and a nice, warm, comfortable setting. The homemade lasagne, fish and chips, cheese and onion pie, and plate meat pie are my personal recommendations! Followed by the chocolate scrap heap challenge or honey white chocolate ice cream! Yummy!

My only slight negative: I wouldn't want to eat in the bar area where people stand right next to your table whilst they wait for their own table to be ready!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I had heard good things but everything seemed cheap. The menu was limited, but cooked ok when it came. Unfortunately burnley isn't spoilt with nice pubs to eat in but I'd travel a little further if I had the choice.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Summary- the food portions are huge and is reasonably priced (which in my experience means quantity over quality) but the customer service is awful.

I went to the New Waggoners, last night, to celebrate an 18th and 21st birthday. We had a table for 15 booked for 8.15pm.

On arrival the place was packed out, with no space at the bar and nowhere to sit. Naturally we expected our table to be ready, after booking it weeks in advance. Not only was the table not ready, it wasn't even set up.

We stood for an hour in the doorway waiting to be seated, before our table was eventually ready. No one ever offered an apology nor did any one come to see us to explain what was happening, we was left to stand and wait.

Once we had eventually been seated at our table, which to give the waiting staff credit for, was decorated lovely. We was given menu's and our order was taken quickly.

The menu isn't anything exciting and hasn't got a huge choice on there. They do have a separate Vegetarian and Specials menu.

I ordered Baked Goats Cheese in tomato sauce with Jacket Potato and Vegetables, which was just okay. I naturally expected the goats cheese baked in a tomato sauce so it was soft and melted, but it wasn't. It was two huge lumps of barely warm goats cheese sat on a piece of rock hard toast and a tiny bit of tomato sauce sat on the top. The jacket potato and carrot puree was huge and overall the meal was a bit dry, I would have loved another drink, whilst I was eating.

The stuffed chicken, I believe, was also just okay. However the majority of the table ordered Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas, which went down really well. Though from my point of view the peas, was a bit grey and didn't look particually appetising.

Once we had received our food, no one came to check on us once and not once did any one come over to see if we wanted any drinks. If we wanted drinks we had to go to the bar, which is in the next room.

On getting my bill, I was over charged, which was quickly rectified, but really shouldn't have happened.

Overall we waited an hour for our table and two hours after arriving we eventually had our meal, which received mixed reviews.

I am in the Catering business myself and understand the pressures of a busy service and large tables and always take this in to account when writing my reviews, but on this occasion, it was inexcusable. We really didn't feel welcomed at all.

3  Thank TortMad