“Evening meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant was busy, in fact there was only one table available when we booked earlier that day. We arrived early and had time to get a drink in the bar. When we were taken to our table we were given the menu fairly quickly and there was a wide selection of choices to be had from it plus a 'specials' list. There were four of us and we all chose starters which were nicely presented and plentiful.We were pleased with the main courses that we had and,again, they were plentiful. We were impressed by the quality of the food and the service. We got plenty of smiles and the overall atmosphere was very pleasant.The prices were reasonable too.We are looking forward to going again.

1 Thank Heather W

Uk Lancashire
“OK”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited last Saturday with Family, the service was super fast we all had the medium fish and chips the fish was perfect light batter and tasty. However the peas where hard and the chips where the fozen type. if they cook fresh fish why cant they do fresh chips as well. Saying that my gran liked it and its in a nice setting. The price is average for the area I would not go out of my way to re visit but if passing would call in if I was hungry. One thing tho the portions are a bit over facing they must get a lot of waste.

1 Thank caroleblakeley
“Needs new furniture”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Food ok. Tables and chairs very scruffy. Need updating to add to feel of the place. Staff friendly and good service received.

• Visited December 2012
“Big portions, good food, pleasant atmosphere and good service!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ate at the Waggoners on Saturday evening with my parents and two family friends and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The menu is basic pub grub with a good selection and a good specials selection. We didn’t have any starters so I can’t comment on those but we all thoroughly enjoyed our main meals, I had a Door Stopper burger which certainly lived up to its name with two very tasty burgers in a fresh bun and plenty of cheese and tomato, with a large side portion of chips and salad. My mother and her friend both chose chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce which again was a generous portion with peas and swede. My father went for a mixed grill which again was a huge portion, with a great selection of meat topped with an egg, chips, vegetables and onion rings and my father’s friend had the chocolate and chilli sausages from the specials menu. We would recommend all of them, the meat is clearly good quality and knowing the local butchers, locally sourced which is always good to know and you certainly get a lot of food for the price. The staff were attentive without us feeling like they were constantly checking on us and we didn’t feel rushed despite the restaurant being fairly full. The atmosphere is nice and the room is bright although it was a little warm. Dessert menu selection was very tempting and looking around us the portion sizes again were all very generous, I had a Treacle Sponge which was fairly standard and tasty. Good selection of drinks and ale behind the bar and we would certainly go back there and would definitely recommend if you fancy some good pub grub.

1 Thank Robsynshep
lancs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“keep up the excellent work Patrick”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

They never fail to get things right under the watchful eye of Patrick. Staff are brilliant nothing is too much for them

• Visited January 2013