“Can be expensive”

Kokos
Ranked #141 of 181 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 12, 2012

A lot of parties etc happen here, it is a nice place, but can be expensive

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Went to Mae boonta Thai restaurant at kokos the food was very good and the taste was out of this world,would highly recommend everyone to go and the Thai staff were vey friendly,thanks for a great night.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I visited this place with a group of people for a birthday party. It is clean, roomy and modern and that is as good as it gets. Unfortunately, although the food was ok, there just isn't enough of it, I love dining out and have been to some truly wonderful restaurants with fantastic food and inspirational recipes but I wouldn't recommend Mae Boonta to a friend and won't be returning.

We were told that because there was so many of us we had to have the buffet. For a table of ten we received:

2 half bowls of rice
2 half bowls of fried rice
2 half bowls of chips (Thai speciality?)
2 half bowls of noodles

4 plates (not bowls or deep dishes) of various concoctions of chicken. Between 10 people for £15 per head. Yes you read that right. There wasn't even enough for a spoonful of main course each. It is the only restaurant that I have ever walked away hungry from.

When we complained we were told no-one else had complained and then they haggled over the price we were prepared to pay!? Well, I am afraid that they now have 10 complaints in one night.

On top of this we had to return a corked bottle of wine and a waitress managed to drop her chewing gum out of her mouth into my napkin.

Sorry Guys, the food may be ok but the quantity and service stinks. I would recommend anyone that eats there to steer clear of the buffet and choose your own individual meals.

2  Thank notdunroamin