“Great food, great service”
Review of Fence Gate Inn

Fence Gate Inn
Ranked #13 of 174 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: consistantly good food and bar snacks
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I visited Fence Gate recently for a business lunch, and I wasn't disappointed.

I had the fish platter and a glass of white wine - it was an absolutely delicious meal.

The setting is very nice, and the service was faultless. The staff are very attentive indeed.

It's a little pricey, but it's worth it.

Padiham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food in great surroundings!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me and my partner went here recently for tea. I have wanted to try this place for a while so i was excited to go! The foodwas delicious. I had duck and pancakes to start and king prawn with garlic and chilli linguine.... Delicious! My partner had smoked salmon to start and chilli and chorizo sausages and mash for his main. He loved the food too! We weren't rushed and had a nice relaxed me.

One thing that does let the place down is the pub bit. Its in definite need of a refurb and i personally thinks this lets the place down a little bit. I would return for food though!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent can't fault anything”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our wedding anniversary! Impromptu visit, very accommodating we arrived after 3pm Sunday,
Wonderful delightful, staff fantastic and very professional ..... Best dining in Pendle ! Worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Went with 5 friends to take in last of
the summer bliss, we

had to pay up front for every drink and food

Food small ,bland and not value for money

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Pitrock
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal and evening”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Fence Gate on a Friday night. No problems checking in and quickly taken to our table on arrival.

The menu seems to have changed recently and was attached to a piece of card which didn't seem to suit the atmosphere of the place...I assume they will be getting actual menus printed soon.

The food available also seemed to be a little more basic than I had been led to believe by friends who had been previously. Included all the usual dishes you would expect...fish, pasta, steak etc, but nothing unique I haven't seen elsewhere.

Saying that the food we ordered was fantastic, and couldn't fault the quality or size of portion. I had steak and it was cooked to perfection.

All in all my wife and I had a fantastic evening and will be going back to the Fence Gate.

If the worst thing about an evening meal is the actual physical menu and nothing more you're onto a winner. Highly recommend.