“Plenty for your money”

Sycamore Farm Pub Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 172 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This place has the most amazing cakes I have ever seen and tasted. They are all home made cakes and they are delightful....
Blackburn UK
“Plenty for your money”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Took the family here for a birthday celebration.
I ordered the large size fish and chips.
My oh my it was a whopper. They must have a bloody big pan to fry them in.
Nice mushy peas and a couple of slices of bread. It didn't eat for 3 days after the visit.
The woman on the next table ordered the same but she couldn't finish hers. But that said she looked like she had had half a gallon of cider for her starter. Didn't quite understand why but she was drinking it through a straw. Her children looked embarrassed.
The people running the pub seemed friendly enough.

• Visited May 2013

UK
“It's always packed, for a reason?”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We visit Sycamore farm regularly, as we live close by, we also take our three year old sometimes and think its perfect for family dining, the menu is varied, it's good value, the staff are fast and efficient and the play area is great for kids, I have never needed to complain on any occasion at all.
Slight niggles are, sometimes the carvery tends to be overcooked, the roast potatoes are great but I think we had frozen ones once??

On Sundays and bank holidays it's absolutely packed and you may have to wait a while, but that tells you that a lot of people like it!! Also some of the amusement machines are very expensive, bit naughty Syc farm!!

But apart from this its very good
and it's lovely sitting out at front on a sunny day with views over the valley to Hambledon hill.
All in all we love Sycamore farm, we go very often and the moaning complainers who gave low marks for it probably moan and find fault no matter where they go.

Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Great pub grub”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We recently ate at this outlet (I can't really call it a restaurant and it's certainly not a cafe!) for the umpteenth time, why, because we like it so much and it's excellent value. We usually have the carvery as it's very good quality, always hot and fantastic value. There are two sizes of carvery, large and standard, and we find that the standard is more than enough as the only items put on your plate by the chef is the meat (usually four types to choose from or have some of all four). The rest the vegetables, the potatoes, the trimmings and the gravy is put on the plate by the customer themselves. So pile it as high as you can get on the plate (if that is your thing!).
The price for the standard carvery was (the last time I went) £4.95 - I don't think I could cook a Sunday lunch at home for that price.
Another aspect is that if you you go as an adult group and you don't want to sit with families then there is a separate area.
Finally, if you've still got room for a sweet then look at their selection of cakes but, if you do purchase one, then be prepared to take some of it home - the portions are enormous! In fact, locally, the place is famed for their cakes. Alternatively, if you're just looking for a cake and drink then Sycamore Farm is the place.

2 Thank Gwespyr
“Wont be going again”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This place was fab when it first opened,whats gone wrong? The foods gone rubbish, the service and attitude of staff is very poor, and the play area is like a battle ground its awful infact I would go as far to say it's rough very rough, if you've got young toddlers I would advise you dont bring them here as everytime we've been the kids just do as they please with no parent supervision, and when I say do as they please I mean fighting (proper fighting), throwing things, pushing the small children about one child actually punched a baby in the arm it was terrible, something needs doing about this I am not the only person to think this there's been a few parents who have been appalled at the state of the play area, to be honest the scruffs of Burnley have arrived and turned it in to s scruff hole, if you've got kids take mc donalds instead it's cleaner, foods better and better atmosphere! We wont be going again!

2 Thank 266flouise
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Not sure I would want to visit again, nothing wrong with the place and ideal if you have young children but far too busy for me, the staff seemed to cope pretty well though. Our main meals were ok (typical restaurant chain food) but stay away from the deserts!! they look absolutely amazing at the counter but the Sycamore slice I ordered was just a VERY large square of dense chantily cream with a small amount of congealed custard and puff pastry, it didn't taste of anything at all and I'm not sure why anyone would want to eat so much cream in one sitting - definitely quantity over quality, the other two desserts we ordered we not as bad but still on the tasteless side.