“A comfortable stay with a great breakfast”

Fitzy's at the Trapp
Ranked #29 of 192 Restaurants in Burnley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed for one night prior to a wedding near by. We asked for a ground floor room as I was 31 weeks pregnant and were given a room in a separate building to the main hotel. It had lovely views and was a huge room that had a very comfortable bed. If it hadn't been so comfortable I may have been disappointed by the short walk to the main building for breakfast etc as it defied the point of asking for a ground floor room but nevertheless, it was a lovely hotel.
We are in the restaurant at night and the food was pleasant. Nothing amazing but definitely not horrible. The waiter seemed a little inexperienced when my husband asked a few questions about the good but maybe he was new?
Breakfast was lovely with lots of variety and a tasty full English!

Overall a comfortable stay, not without its flaws but would stay again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went for lunch and sat outside on the terrace in beautiful sunshine. The cheese and onion pie with a side salad and really chunky perfect chips was very nicely presented and absolutely scrummy. It was totally peaceful and quiet and I wish every lunch experience could be like this. The hotel is in an absolutely idyllic setting and totally relaxing. I must mention Luke, the young man who served us. Rarely have I come across someone in a service job who was so pleasant, helpful and generally welcoming, all with a lovely smile. I love this place!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I don't like posting poor reviews however the experience our party of 3 family members was so sadly disappointing that I feel this needs bringing to peoples attention We have visited now several times and had an adequate experience, however our most recent by far the worst. It is a shame as this bar used to have an excellent reputation We arrived at 12.35 & were the only diners at that point. Another party arrived 10 mins later. The 'specials' board only had starters on it & all the time we were there thats as far as it got. Our drinks order was wrong with a glass of Cider turning out to be glass of San Miguel which the waitress assured us was a cider not a lager & after some negotiation a bottle Bulmers Cider was agreed on. We then had to wait a further 10 mins to place our order which comprised a Chicken liver pate, jacket potato with prawns & a Hunters Chicken from the 2 for 9.95p popular menu. At 1.35 our meals arrived !!!!!! The pate came as a Feta cheese platter, the Hunters Chicken looked dry and over cooked, this was borne out by the diner burning their mouth and lip due to the extreme heat of the food & the jacket potato was one of the smallest one we had seen for some time. To be fair the waitress did apologise and asked if we wanted replacements, and I got my original order the pate. As we were by now time pressured we ate what we had and was almost 2.30 by the time we had finished. In all there were at the maximum 17 people including our party of 3 dining at a Monday lunchtime so would wonder what the wait & quality would be at a busy service.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Really nice service and hospitality from Luke. Really made us feel welcome and couldn't do enough for us even with other visitors and being busy. Food was good and surroundings beautiful. Very clean and would recommend a visit. 2 courses off main menu 4 drinks £34 so good value but offered two meals for £9.95 so good deals available.

1  Thank Janine S
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The prawn staters were very nice but it all went down hill from there.The chips were savoury coated boiled potatoes which had been sliced but not cooked in hot fat.They were very soggy and disappointing.I was looking forward to the shoulder of lamwhich by definition you expect to be on the bone.Instead it was thin slices or lamb mixed up with mint sauce and wrapped up in the shape of a shoulder of lamb!,Very strange and certainly quite different from any shoulder of lamb that I have had in the past !,