The M65 strip through Lancashire is completely devoid of any reasonably priced (less than £100 per night) good hotels. This is as good as it gets!
The hotel is new, the rooms are clean, and the showers are very good.
I have a major customer in Nelson so have tried everwhere! I have stayed here on about ten different occasions in 2009 - until my priority points ran out (earned in the Holiday Inn, Palmdale USA - now thats a really nice hotel - cheaper too - see my review on that) I would certainly not pay the full asking rate.
There is no free internet in the rooms - even for Platinum members.
The hotel is isolated at the bottom of a steep hill on the edge of the M65. There is nowhere to walk out to, and nothing to do in the evenings - so depressing.
The limited menu food is very poor quality and expensive, likewise the bar.
The room TV is just the free channels.
But... there is nowhere else nearby - I now stay at Eves Hall in West Bradford, Clitheroe - bags of atmosphere, good bar, excellent full service restaurant , and the room is only £45.00 per night. The morning drive over Pendle Hill to Nelson is uplifting and breath taking - well worth the 15 miles roud trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Burnley M65 J10 has 102 self contained modern bedrooms which all come equipped with direct dial phones, high speed internet access , 26' LCD TVs, Freeview, satellite TV, tea & coffee facilities, air conditioning and power showers. The Holiday Inn Express Burnley has 4 up to date dedicated meeting rooms equipped with high-speed Internet access, tea & coffee facilities, LCD screens with direct data connection, natural daylight and air conditioning. At the Holiday Inn Express Burnley a complimentary Continental breakfast is included for all guests, a limited evening menu is available. Burnley s countryside is a living mosaic of woods, farmland and waterways with over four hundred kilometers of cycleways, bridleways and footpaths leading from the South Pennine Moors to the Calder and Ribble Valleys in the shadow of Pendle Hill.Please note: this is a non smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Burnley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Burnley Hotel Burnley
- Holiday Inn Express Burnley Lancashire