Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Red Hall Hotel(Walmersley)
1,779 results
All reviewsevening mealtea roomthe main hotelset menuwedding venuebar priceswedding receptionfamily roomstaff were lovelyfood was lovelyfollowing morningleisure facilitiesstayed here for one nightfull englishoutdoor poolpenny farthingthermal suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My youngest daughter along with two friends booked a Spa weekend for myself and eldest daughter who is over from Australia. Our stay included rooms in the Executive area, facial and massage treatments, full use of leisure facilities, a 3 course evening meal and full English breakfast the following morning. Perfect.
The one critism we did have was slow service in the restaurant when having dinner. Otherwise faultless . The food was delicious and would suit all palates.
The staff were extremely helpful and polite. Special thanks from us all to Jane in the Spa who could not have been more helpful. We all agreed it was people like her that would make you return again and again. The therapists were also professional and friendly.
Will we be returning? Definitely .
Frances. Thornton Cleveleys

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Frances M
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Frances M

Many thanks for posting your review following your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your Spa break and the team will be equally pleased.

I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had called to book my room and to ask about early check in and the young girl at the other end of the phone couldn't have be nicer and helpful. Great start.
It was my two good friends's wedding day and the bride and groom and the majority of the wedding guests were staying at this hotel. It must be good, right? Wrong!
My room was old fashioned but clean, thanks to the lovely cleaning ladies who did a quick but good job for my early check in. But the bathroom was a bit rubbish. Plastic floor and a toilet which seemed to flush for 20 minutes after my business, basically it was a mini granny flat. And wasn't worth the money was my first thought.
After the wedding and evening do, we all came back to the hotel bar and although some guys thought the barman was friendly at first by the end of the night he was unbelievable rude. Starring at us to leave and when we asked for food (24 hour menu) he said there was nothing left! The service was horrendous. Even the night before when a few of the guests arrived for dinner in the restaurant 3 different people said that the service was extremely bad.
If they had friendly staff who actually liked their job it would've been a bit better, but to be honest I'd have rather stayed in the travelodge down the road. Definitely not worth £75.00.

Room Tip: Don't go in the courtyard rooms. Ask for one in the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ribbarebba
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Ribbarebba

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us this weekend.

I'm sorry to read you had area's you were dissapointed in and I am most alarmed to read your comments about our team here.

If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel so that I may investigate your comments further my details are below.

h6634-om@accor.com
01204 873 500

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I paid about £90 which included: a room for the night (shared with 1 friend), a three course meal in the evening, a 30 minute massage, access to all the facilities including the heated pool and sauna, entry to the 80s disco and cooked breakfast the following day. You can't go wrong at those prices!

It's not just a hotel, more like a complex or very small village with some kitsch little shops, a little pub, a spa...

There's lovely views and though it's easy to get to you do feel 'away from it all'. It's funny that I never knew it was there and the whole place is sort of unexpected, twee and with some historic features.

I went as part of a hen party of around 10 girls and we all had a lovely, relaxing time. Can't wait to go back in September, this time with my husband.

My only gripe (and it's not a deal breaker) is that the booze is very expensive.

Thank you to all the hardworking staff for a lovely break.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank laura p
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear laura p

Many thanks for reviewing your recent visit to us. It is great to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your review will act as great encouragement to our team who are very committed to customer care and ensuring our guests are happy.

We will look forward to welcoming you again in September if not before!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Amazing time at Last Drop Hotel. Great Fitness Weekend. Nice room. Staff worked very hard! Great breakfast. Nice pool and spa. Everyone was very helpful. Great DJ. Loved the Saturday 80s night. Recommend :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CheshireRelaxed

Dear CheshireRelaxed

Many thanks for your review following your fitness weekend with us.

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will see you again soon for another break.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I had booked the last drop for my hen party weekend as have been a few times and I have always loved it! I have also booked my wedding reception here for September so shows how much I love it! I arrived with a big party of 11 of us so understandably we did encounter some problems along the way but all were dealt with easily and sufficiently by the capable staff. The only bad points I would make is they could do with organising better for large parties as they made a few errors with our bookings but aside from that everything was perfect. The facilities as always were lovely, the food was fantastic (even though service is slow in the restaurant it is worth the wait) and the rooms were perfectly fine. The boogie night was lots of fun too. I can't wait to come back in September thanks.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank tarangelaben
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Tarangelaben

Many Thanks for taking the time to review your recent Hen Weekend with us. Your feedback will be taken on board with regards to the booking process.

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and if we don't see you before we will look forward to hosting your wedding reception in September.