“Somewhat surprising!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Somewhat surprising!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in Hotels from Volgograd to New York on every continent and this is the most bizarre!
It is a complex built on an old farming hamlet, incorporating the old farm manor and surrounding workers cottages. It was converted into the hotel and 'mock' tudor village in the 1960's.
The hotel is nice with the staff we met in the hotel and spa all being helpful, efficient and friendly.
We had specifically booked a twin room but had been given a double, but this was quickly changed by reception staff.
My friend and I were on a spa break deal. Our treatments were good and the therapists were competent and friendly. Our package included bathrobes and slippers.
The relaxation area had 8 large comfy leather chairs and there was another area with tables and chairs. As it was very busy, people were getting a little 'stressed' over seat availability.
The leisure facilities were okay. A good sized, rectangular pool and a decent sized thermal suite with a jacuzzi, two saunas and 3 not so warm, in fact tepid, steam rooms. Areas of the spa were a bit 'faded and jaded'.
The room was nice, a great size, with a queen size bed and a single, with a lovely clean and modern bathroom.
The restaurant and bar were, well, just weird! It was like sitting in a converted mock tudor barn!! The public areas really are in need of updating and bringing into the 21st century! The bar is listed as a cocktail bar - it isn't.
The food, however, was super. We had afternoon tea in the spa and dinner and both were excellent. The afternoon tea was large with 4 different really lovely sandwiches, a scone with jam and clotted cream and a selection of 3 mini cakes.
The dinner package was a set menu of the day with a choice of 4 starters & mains. The food was beautifully presented and of a surprisingly high standard.
The tea shop in the village was less good; understaffed with un defrosted cakes and slightly stroppy staff.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Scarymamma

Many thanks for leaving such an in depth review following your recent stay with us.

We are a very unique property and offer various facilities as you say such as our own Village and our fantastic Spa area.

Feedback is extremely important to us and we always use it in a constructive manner to ensure we offer the highest standard of service possible.

If ou could be so kind as to me e mail or call me at the hotel personally via the address below and inform me of the dates of your visit I can ensure any points that need addressing will be.

01204 873 500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place, pools and swimming is so relaxing, amazing food, great staff, keep looking for some deals on the rooms coz I can't wait to visit again, just slightly out of my price range at the moment :( they need to put some good offers on coz this place is the best around!! Can't wait to relax in the pools again...

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicky B
Dear Vicky B

Many thanks for leaving such a delightful review after your recent stay.

Our Spa & Hydropool is a fantastic area for some rest & relaxation and I'm glad to hear you experienced exactly that!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Went here as on overnight stay as a couple. We arrived pretty late, 9:30pm and were worried that food would no longer be served but thankfully they were still serving in the bar area until 10pm. I had the chicken Caesar salad and I have to say it was delicious. The food and drinks are expensive but as a one off it's ok. Staff at the bar & reception were friendly and helpful.
The room itself was very clean however I did find it a bit dates, especially the curtains and carpets. This can be said throughout the hotel, it just needs updating in some areas. But very clean.
Breakfast was lovely, hot and cold buffet. The scrambled eggs were the best I've ever tasted, high quality food. I especially liked the freshly baked bread that you could slice yourself on the cold buffet.
The spa is also dated. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was not working, but we were informed of this so no complaints there. The saunas were not as hot as they should be for a sauna, and to be honest the spa area doesn't look like it's totally finished.
Overall happy with our stay and would stay again :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Becky2011xx
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear becky2011xx

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to share your review with our team and your comments will act as great encouragement to them ( especially our chefs!)

I hope we will welcome you again in the near future

Back in Burnley
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We spent the day and night at a wedding function in the Penny Farthing suite and whilst the food was ok the service was poor, especially at the bar.
For starters there weren't enough staff on duty and the ones who were were clueless and rude. There weren't enough glasses to go round and changing a barrel appeared to involve every member of staff. Infuriatingly no attention was paid to the how long customers had been waiting. A glass of £5 wine tasted of bleach but the bar staff weren't interested - I had to inform them that they were going to replace it free of charge and was made to feel like I was responsible for the contamination.
I would struggle to recommend this place but thankfully they didn't quite manage to spoil a special day.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank nmyers65
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear NMyers 65

It is with some dissapointment that I read your review as we are very proud of our customer care here at the hotel and more so with our Weddings as we understand this is the most important day in our guests lives.

Please be assured we received very good feedback from our Bride & Groom in question for the function you mention here so I can only assure you if you felt our bar service was not good enough this was only a blip during the days events.

If there are corrective actions to be made following your review please be assured they will be.

Many Thanks

Travelers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I travelled to this hotel with some friends in March this year, it was to celebrate my Birthday! We used the spa facilities, which were very relaxing and enjoyed by all the group. It was just an overnight stay. The food in the hotel was of a high standard and the service by staff was excellent. The room was very clean and we were all given a very warm welcome! I would certainly rerturn to the last Drop Inn, mainly to use the spa facilities at the mercure hotel. Where it is located is very good too!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Juliet R
Dear Juliet R

Many thanks for writing such a positive review of your recent stay with us.

It is a delight to share your comments with our team who are very passionate about guest care.

I do hope we will welcome you again soon.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 1 night shortly after my birthday for what was supposed to be a relaxing break away.

We used the spa first which was fine, staff were lovely. The spa is very clean and modern. Doesn't match the hotel at all, I knew it was going to be traditional but it was more outdated and old fashioned!

The leisure facilities are good, couple of things weren't working which was a let down because we were only there for a day! The hot tub should be called the cold tub, as it wasn't working at all! I called ahead and asked if everything was open and working and I was told yes, bit of a let down!

We stayed in room 202, the bedroom was big in size but had some stains on the carpet and after using the pool I wanted to dry my hair in the room and the dryer didn't work. I asked for a replacement and got told 'maybe' which wasn't too great! I eventually realised the room had no power at all as the tv wouldn't turn on either! We told the front desk and were moved across the hall within 5 minutes, which was nice and quick.

Bed was comfy and bouncy but we were woken up at 6am by noisy people walking around the hallway - not great for a relaxing trip and then the fire alarm went off at around 10:30am. We saw 3 members of staff who just walked straight past us and another couple. We weren't told to leave the hotel or if it was a drill! Not what I expected from staff members!

Breakfast was okay, lots of choice, eggs were a little watery for my liking but no complaints about the food quality.

Overall the hotel either needs a good clean or some new carpets! There are a lot of stains on the floors. It was a little too old fashioned for me, I personally wouldn't stay there again but some people like that style.

We got a good deal at £64pp - I wouldn't pay higher for 1 night and a 30 min spa treatment at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tyrant_virus
Dear tyrant_virus

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

Please be assured we take our guest comments on board and will look to make immediate improvements where possible.

Our team regularly review our guest feedback as we are very passionate about customer care and therefore I do hope this will ot deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just returned from a one night stay at Last Drop and what a very enjoyable stay . Our room was a good size with a nice comfy bed it was in a little courtyard area with lovely quaint buildings nearby. We went to the tea room for something to eat and thought it was very expensive . Before we left we took advantage of the pool and open air spa pool and sauna ,great to finish our short stay wish it could have been longer. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kim w
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Kim W

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to us, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We are very concious of our menu pricing and therefore I am surprised to read you thought our teashop was expensive, Our meals vary in pricing from £3.00 to £8.50 and our teashop is very popular however your comments will be taken on board.

Kindest Regards

King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 116 in Manchester
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!