“Perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had my wedding reception here in Feb 2014.....and I have to say the hotel staff couldn't be more helpful, the penny farthing suite was a perfect setting for out rustic/vintage style wedding. We had over 150 guests, and at least 70 of them stayed over and all commented how good the service, rooms and breakfast was!!!!! Yes the hotel needs a little update but they are clean and roomy!! I don't really know what you expect for a 3 star hotel! We stayed in the court yard rooms.

The food at the wedding was great, Liz our hotel contact for the day couldn't do enough for us!!!! And we cant tell you how grateful we are to her.......so thank you!!

To anyone who is looking to have their wedding here I would recommend it, the staff are a great asset and make your day run smoothly and stress free! The penny farthing suite was perfect for that barn feeling and a great place for your guests to adventure around.........something that most hotel don't have!!

Room Tip: court yard rooms the best
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Sarah

Many thanks for taking the time to share such fantastic feedback following your wedding with us earlier this year.

It is a pleasure to share such feedback with our team and I am sure this will act as great encouragement for them.

I hope we will see you again very soon and once again many thanks.

01204 873 500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We booked a Spa break for a mixed age Group of 13 ladies for a 40th Birthday.
The service is very slow in the bar and restaurant and the staff all looked miserable and unhappy to be there. Food was nice once it arrived, drinks very pricey and to charge a fortune for a bottle of wine you would expect the staff to have a little knowledge of what they were serving.
The rooms are basic and clean nothing to get too excited about as bit dated.
Spa facilities are nice, relaxing areas a little cramped but 11/13 of us were happy with the treatments received. Although you would expect a Pedicure to include more than just your nails polished. The thermal suite is small but a nice experience and pool really lovely, not alot of seating available so don't plan on chilling outside the water.
The breakfast wasn't a great experience either, plates were too hot and no napkins to help you carry them be prepared to have your skin burnt. Asked if we would like tea or coffee (3 on our table) only brought one of each in pots big enough for one. Only 2 slices of toast given for 3 of us. No staff around to ask for more. To top of the weekend we had left cards as security if we wanted to charge anything to the room. They pre-authorised £200 per card (never in my life have I seen this high value done before), although the amount was just entered they didnt say. And BE WARNED if you are using a debit card the money will go from your account and take 2 days to go back in as we are experiencing now!!! This was not explained at the time.
So overall not the best Spa break we have had and I won't be going again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joanna B
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Joanna B

I am very sorry to read that your recent stay with us has left you dissapointed.

I would be very interested in some more information regarding when you stayed so I can investigate with my Management team.

If you could be so kind to contact me at the hotel I would appreciate it.

Kindest Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked an overnight spa reviver break to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. We had an ok ish time. Room was clean but old fashioned. All the staff were lovely. We queued a while for drinks at the bar & they were over priced.
Meal was ok. Hubby didn't enjoy his! Breakfast was good though.
We used all the spa facilities. The outdoor hot tub was the best part of our break. I had an average facial & my hubby enjoyed a back massage. It was nice to get away from home for a night but I wouldn't rush to go back. I paid £179 & it wasn't worth the money. The little village wasn't what I expected but would look pretty in nice weather.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsloulou
Dear Mrs Lou Lou

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I will be sharing your feedback with our team who will use your feedback in a constructive way to make immediate changes where we can.

If you do choose to visit us in the future please contact me directly at the hotel and I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a dinner , bed , breakfast , spa deal which was good value for money, but over all I
think the place is a little tired.
Our check in guy Kevin was very efficient and much friendlier and faster than people we have had previously. The room we had was ok, the corridors leading to it were a
bit like a nursing home and so were the rooms themselves, but at least they were clean.
Very lumpy pillows made it difficult to be comfortable.
The spa is a bit rough around the edges, rusty bits and dirty bits, not unclean but just signs of wear and tear, not luxurious. We liked the outside jacuzzi and it was much hotter than previous visits which was nice. I had a massage which was very good, but the relaxing music cutting off half way through and just the sound of the therapists heavy breathing spoilt the mood a bit. I also had a manicure which was not very good and very rushed. The room in the spa where you can get a drink and wait for your treatment had dirty tables and previous guests drinking cups & half eaten cakes.
Evening food was nice but wines very expensive , especially when they add another to the bill that you haven't had!
The package is a good deal, but you do get what you pay for.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank OMCZ
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear OMCZ

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Your comments are important to us and we will be making immediate improvements where possible.

Should you be looking to visit in the future please contact me directly and I will happily oversee your reservation for you.

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've stayed here a few times on business now, and generally find it to be the same eache time, i.e. a nice enough place, but rather impersonal, and service in the restaurant can also be a bit 'hit &miss', both with the time taken for food to arrive and, on occasion, even getting what you ordered.

The rooms tend to be comfortable enough, although some do look a bit 'tired' now.

I think one of my main gripes is that despite being an A-Club card holder, they never seem to be able to keep a record of this from one stay to another, and also fail to notify A-Club of my stays there, so if you are a loyalty card holder I would recommend that you check your account after a stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug M
Dear Doug M

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Your comments are important to us and immediate improvements will be made where possible.

If you would like to e mail me in advance of your next visit I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

Manchester
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have just been reading the reviews of the tea rooms as we have been a number of times lately, mainly for lunch, but on occasion for coffee. We were particularly interested in the review by Alan B from Bury. We can't help feeling that we were the table of ten referred to on that particular day. We were not disappointed and realised that we would have to wait a while for our food as we were a big party. The food arrived for all at the same time, it was delicious as always and the staff were helpful and very attentive to our needs. We have recently discovered the tea rooms and have always been satisfied with the service and food. What we have noticed is that the tearooms seems to be managed single handedly by one member of staff - Julie. No matter how busy it is, there does not seem to be much support for her efforts. We would like to thank her for her hard work and pleasant disposition and we will be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lis B
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Lis B

Many thanks for reviewing your experience of our Tea Rooms.

As you've read we do have a variety of reviews and it is a shame they are not all as glowing as yours, I'm sure Julie will be delighted with her personal mention and the rest of the team who assist in the tea rooms on a regular basis.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Enjoyed a stay here in desperate need of sleep .... I had no reservation, was far too early for check in and arrived at check out time, Reception was very busy ..... no problem for the girl on duty - Excellent stuff !!! she even moved me because my first room was in a corridor which was having a paint job done so the room smelled of paint...
Thank you for a good rest...

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are very good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Steven_Langley
Dear Steven_Langley

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to hear we were able to help you and I hope we will welcome you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley Cross
#10 of 13 in Bolton
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 116 in Manchester

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!