Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed as part of a party night on 13th. Room was fine, not very new but quiet and comfortable, with most of the usual facilities. Shame there was no fridge, but everything else we needed was there. Party was great. Food was fine, and music good for bopping the night away. Didn't have breakfast as it seemed a bit expensive, so cannot comment on whether or not it was value for money. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Had room 67 (I think) which overlooked a central open space, no complaints, but a long walk with sev...
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce H
h6634_om, Jayne Riley at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Bruce H

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will welcome you back again in the near future.

Jayne Riley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,704)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Here for two nights, on my first evening I arrived late and just wanted a light supper. Carrot and coriander soup served in my room, was thin, tasteless and watery.
My room was very pleasant although I was given a 'free' upgrade.
Breakfast choices were good and the service pleasant.
On my second evening I joined the office Christmas party. This was a private party in one of the function rooms with previously chosen menu. I had soup, turkey and assorted desserts. The quality and quantity of the food was very disappointing with dry, overcooked turkey, small portion of veg and a plate of 4 mini puds each clearly bought in.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade to an exec room but expect a trek to get to it
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gypsy008
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Gypsy008

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to read that you didn't enjoy parts of your visit, if you would like to discuss this any further please contact me directly on the e mail address below and I will get in touch with you.

h6634-om@accor.com

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went to a Xmas party night on Friday the 13th! i was with a group of work friends and didn't expect much to be honest from previous experiences. I have to say i was blown away.
The room looked great (Pennine Suite), the staff were very friendly and attentive, my meal was just enough and my feet are still sore from dancing, the Dj was a breath of fresh air, he played some great songs.
i didn't stay the night so can't comment on the rooms.

i'm bringing my wife for a spa day as a treat, i think she'll love it.

Very happy, keep up the good work

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Seasoned2013

Dear Seasoned 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent visit to us.

It is a delight to hear how much you enjoyed your party night with us and your comments will act as great encouragement to our team here.

I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

2nd time staying here, the first 3 years ago where the "executive" rooms were looking a bit tired. It's a sprawling hotel with the rooms in external blocks or around an open courtyard. Checked in and went to executive block, room looking much fresher this time, new windows fresher linen etc, but wardrobes and bathrooms probably still due for replacement.

However, was here for an evening event running 'til 1am, got back to room and slept soundly until 9am, when the most almighty hammering, sanding, sawing, banging & crashing began, with a 12pm check-out we were planning on a late get-up and use of the spa but with all that noise, pointless. On way out of bedroom block, noticed they were finishing the window replacement programme and there was an A4 notice pinned to the wall saying there there may be light disruption experienced but no earlier than 9:15, mentioned this to reception on check-out and received the most indifferent response.

Given that the hotel charge extra for executive rooms, they should be making an effort to try and minimise disruption to guests or at least inform them prior to arrival or as a minimum at check in. The hotel did not appear to be full and I would have rather taken a different room away from the works to ensure a good nights sleep. If I'd booked the room for business, it would have been impossible to use the room for works until the checkout time owing to the noise.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andersoi

Dear Andersoi

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you were disturbed on the morning you checked out, I hope this wasn't enough to spoil your overall experience and we may welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Clean comfortable and spacious room in main building.. Excellent outdoor spa. One set charge for a set buffet breakfast, with no provision to pay for a lighter one. Wi Fi connection poor, you need to use the lobby. NB Bromley Cross is notoriously bad to get out of in the morning rush hour!! Consider this if booking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YorkshireBrigadier
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Yorkshire Brigadier

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My partner booked a massage for the both of us last Saturday. We had a massage from a very friendly therapist called Kate. It was absolutely incredible!! So relaxing and she really made it an experience for us both! will defo be back. Worth every penny:)

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Michael W
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Michael W

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your comments following your visit to the spa last weekend.

It is a delight to hear how much you enjoyed your massage and Katie will be equally delighted with her personal mention.

I hope we will welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is one of a chain of Mercure Hotels and we are members of the Spa and Leisure Centre of another Mercure Hotel. the room we were given was excellent and very clean and everything worked!! The dining room had a limited menu for dinner, but the food was very good. We really enjoyed the breakfast. we did not use the buffett but chose dishes from the menu. The best Eggs Benenedict" I have ever eaten. The Spa and Leisure Centre get top marks.....what a view from the hot pool. It cannot be beaten. The changing rooms were a good size and very good hair dryers were provided free of charge. There were 2 not so good things though. 1 The waste bin was far too small and all the rubbish including a banana skin was all over the floor around the bin.....Yuk!! 2 the spin dryer was not available and the only evidence that existed to show ther had been was a horrible pipe out of the wall.
We went to visit the shops in the Last Drop Village, but these were disappointing....... most of them were closed. this is not good

Room Tip: We had a room in the new wing overlooking the fron of the complex
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol R

Dear Carole R

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will welcome
you back again in the near future.

Warmest Regards

#2 of 13 in Bolton
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!