“Shocking do not stay here!”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
“Shocking do not stay here!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Booked a 2 night a stay with friends and booked treatments. When arrived no recollection of treatments or apology. No hot chocolate, £23 for a bottle of paint stripper, staff really non responsive.
We have been here for 2 hours and looking for a alternative hotel.
Do not come to this place.

• Stayed November 2013
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Naomiroberts85

I am very sorry to read that you were dissapointed with your recent visit to us. Whilst I am aware we had a few challenges with our spa booking system last week we should have been able to rectify this for you and as we haven't please accept our sincere apologies.

If I could ask you to e mail me directly via the address below I will be happy to contact you and look to find a resolution so that you may visit us again in the future.

Kind Regards

h6634-om@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

a wonderful two days spent in this hotel. staff always helpful on reception, restaurant staff always pleasant and helpful, room spacious and clean, spacious bathroom with bath and shower separate.,fabulous scenery all around, pool and spa/sauna facilities excellent - again spa staff friendly and helpful. would definitely return

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ceejay138
Dear Ceejay138

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us.

It is a delight to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and your comments will act as great encouragement to the rest of our team.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a bargain stay dinner bed and breakfast for brother in laws 70 birthday.
We had booked two rooms and when we said we had stayed there before we were upgraded to 2 executive rooms which were better than our last visit. although they were quite a walk from the restaurant (my brotherin law just having had a hip replacement op).............
But we had a coffee in the cake and coffee shop at the back went for a hot tub and spa area. We had a dinner which was from the included menu or we were given an allowance of £20 if choosing al a carte. But for the £20 we had plenty to choose from we paid for two of us to have the rib-eye steak which was still good value. They brought brother in law a pudding with happy birthday written on nice touch.
Breakfast quite good but no explanation about the cooked breakfasts shame
But overall good value for money pity check-out receptionist wasn't a little more discreet as we were paying for both rooms as our treat and she broadcast the amount we were paying causing a bit of embarrassment .

Room Tip: try for an upgrade
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trishswim

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your family break and I am pleased that my team looked after you.

I will be sharing your comments regarding breakfast & check out with my teams and I am positive we can improve in these area's immediately.

I hope we will welcome you all back again in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the last drop before but this time I was away for a relaxing night with my husband. ( the infinity pool is what has me returning) overall we had a loverly stay. Staff extremely helpful and friendly they are a credit to the hotel. The food was good and the spa was relaxing as needed. The hotel itself I think needs to put some money back into itself soon! I love the quirkiness and cosines of the hotel itself but hallways/ rooms and bar could do with a revamp. Thank you for a nice stay

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Gibson 421

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to us.

Please be assured I will be sharing your comments with our team and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I thought we might have made a mistake after booking this 'reviver' break then reading reviews after the reservation was confirmed. I'm delighted to say our stay has been far from the grim experience some people have described.
On arrival, we were checked in quickly and shown to our warm, spacious, quiet and well-appointed room. Feather duvet and a comfortable bed, clean and modern bathroom and well furnished throughout.
The next stop was the spa, where we took advantage of the pool before trying the large hot jacuzzi pool, where we loitered in the open air section and enjoyed a stunning display of lightning from the water - amazing. The steam rooms and saunas were another treat on
top, again, clean and relaxing.
The evening meal was included in the price of the stay, vegetarian and fish options were good although some of the ingredients listed did not appear on the plates - I was looking forward to samphire which didn't appear.However both the sea bass and risotto mains were delicious and cooked to perfection.
After a good and peaceful night's sleep, I went for an early morning swim and was greeted in a friendly and polite manner.
Breakfast was absolutely perfect greeted by the professional and friendly Turgay: the full choice of fresh continental breakfast and a buffet serving hot food. The atmosphere was pleasant and the special smoked haddock from the kitchen was a perfect choice for me.
Our booking included a 25 minute spa treatment each. We both opted for the back, neck and shoulder massage expecting a quick 'beautician' type treatment but were both extremely impressed with the massage we had from Katie and Kate who were skilled and excellent. Feeling revived, we both look forward to another stay at this excellent hotel. Can't wait for an excuse to make another reservation here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tyre S

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a glowing review following your recent stay with us.

Your comments will act as great encouragement for our team here who will be equally pleased to read them.

I hope you find the excuse you're looking for to re-visit very soon.

Kind Regards

Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Wanted a hotel near Bolton and found this one. What a lovely place the staff were really helpful and polite. The bedroom was really nice the spa facilities and gym second to none the Jacuzzi was open to the views across Manchester. We booked to eat in the restaurant the food was superb spoke to some other guests and they rated it highly saying breakfast was plentiful and good and they were so right, nothing was to much trouble will I stay again certainly and my husband who isn't so keen on hotels said he would be back! Even the little village shops were delightful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melkay123
Dear Melkay123

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay with us.

It is a delight to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team here.

I hope we will welcome you again in the near future.

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Last Drop twice In the last 2 weeks and although we had different rooms both time the shower was just useless
First time I reported it they said someone would look into it and when I and a colleague checked out this morning we both complained about the shower in our rooms
No apologies but the person on reception said it was because there was a coach party in and everyone must have taken a shower at the same time
What an insult !
Result we will never use this place again

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Danny M

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you left us dissapointed, please be assured we take guest care very seriously here and I will be following up your review with my Front of House Manager and Maintenance team.

Please do contact me directly via the e mail address below if you do find yourself in the area again and I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

h6634-om@accor.com

King Street Townhouse
#1 of 117 in Manchester
Premier Inn Bolton (Stadium/Arena) Hotel
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!