“smartprice?”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed October 9, 2013

A spa day was booked for me for my 50th birthday at a cost of £138!!!! This was not cheap. The spa treatment was enjoyable but only lasted 45 minutes in total. Lots of people kept having to ask for glasses and cups to get drinks (serve yourself) and although the spa was busy all day there are only 3 tables to use when having lunch/drinks. When I went to get my first drink after my treatment I was HORRIFIED to find the self service fridge full of ASDA SMARTPRICE CARTONS (apple, orange etc), now I'm not being precious as I am quite happy to drink these at home! What I do I mind is paying £138 for my luxury birthday treat to find SMARTPRICE is part off it. The pool was pleasant but certain areas are very tired especially the shower cubicles (grubby, broken shower heads etc)
Sorry to say but my special day was spoilt :-(

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Tracey H

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with certain aspects of your visit to our Spa and I can assure you that myself and our Spa Manager have addressed the situation regarding the drinks fridge as this is unacceptable.

Should you wish to visit us again in the future please make contact with me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The rooms are not so much tired as suffering from Chronic fatigue syndrome. Dirty walls, stained carpet, mouldy windows, non stop running loo, aged décor and shabby furniture. To add insult to injury and make the bedroom even more gloomy you have to close the curtains at all times otherwise everyone walking past can see in to the room. Why not fit a semi sheer blind?
Communal areas within the hotel were marginally better but the walkways to the outside two tier courtyard rooms (think Crossroads Motel) were screaming out for a coat of paint and a scrub down.
It might also be an idea to sweep up the cigarette butts littering the outside areas.
Someone please take pity on this poor neglected and outdated hotel and put it (and us) out of its misery.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the two tier courtyard rooms outside the main building
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Raceytoes

I am sorry to read you were disappointed with your recent visit to us.

We take all our guest feedback very seriously and will look to make improvements where we can.

Whilst we do have certain challenges because of the age and layout of the hotel we work very hard in all area's to ensure our guests enjoy their stay.

Should you wish to return to the hotel again please make contact with me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation for you and look to make sure you are allocated in one of our executive rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

h6634-om@accor.com

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stay for one night at this spa, the rooms hark back to the 80,s and really needs some money throwing at it . Breakfast was cold and disjointed , half in one room half in another , staff were very nice but all the medieval look to the complex gave it a feel of being on a theme park resort without the rides. It also cost us £109 for bnb for one night :-/ too much .

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Woodgnome10

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We appreciate all our guests comments and will always look for ways to make improvements to our guest experience where we can.

As you have mentioned our property is an old traditional property and whilst it may not be to every ones taste it is a unique property offering not just a hotel but a Village with shops and also our Spa.

I'm pleased you found our team to be friendly and can only ask that should you be visiting the area in the future please e mail me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation.

Once again thank you for your time.

h6634-om@accor.com

Reviewed October 3, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 2, 2013

stayed for our mothers 70th birthday
Would go again although its not cheap!
Spa is nice, lovely view from swimming pool
Rooms were nice and spacious although need some updating
Food was very nice...
Bar was always very busy :(

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank emb1981
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear emb1981

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought the hotel was lovely and I can assure you that our pricing is in line with hotels and restaurants within our market. We try and run special offers where we can to offer further value for money and as I'm sure you'll be aware the cost to purchase our products has risen alongside that of our consumer.

I do hope this will not put you off returning to us in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

stayed on the 27/09/13 at the last drop in Bolton.Our friends booked this hotel several weeks earlier to attend a reception. We were given a room in the courtyard outside whilst our friends were given a room in the main block. Very disappointed with the booking staff siting us so far apart after booking early.
The rooms in the courtyard area are strange in that people going to and from their rooms look into any other room when passing ,thus the curtains have to be shut at all times to maintain privacy.
Bar prices very expensive for the area , £4.00 per pint and £3.85 for 175mm glass of wine.
Breakfast was good but the room was very crammed with tables making access to the food areas difficult.
Room prices expensive at £74.00 per room when they cannot find two rooms together.
Overall an average experience but wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: courtyard nice but rooms exposed to view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Giggyb

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay.

We work very hard to ensure our guests all leave us happy and on this occasion I'm sorry you didn't however should you be visiting the area in future please do contact me on h6634-om@accor.com and I will oversee your booking personally.

Once again many thanks and Kind Regards

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel
Premier Inn Bolton (Stadium/Arena) Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!