I have been a visitor to the Last Drop Village for many years. My Wedding Reception was held there over 20 years ago and I have enjoyed my return trips. Typically they centre around a nice meal or just a wander around the village shops.
I was recently invited to a Wedding beig held in the Last Drop and decided my wife and I should stay for the two nights prior to and following the wedding.
I booked several weeks ago via laterooms.com - received a favourable room rate and was looking forward to a few nights away.
Sadly this last experience was very disappointing.
The whole complex is now looking very old, in need of a total facelift and several million pounds spent on it. The shops are still very nice to visit, the restaurant is still pleasant, but very over priced and the rooms are very shabby now.
On arrival at around 6pm on the first night I was told the only room they had available was a smoking one - although I had booked many weeks in advance and had requested a non smoking room.
It was within the small court yard area beyond the restaurant. It was right next to the cleaners store room. It wasn't too far away from the 'Drop Inn', which on a Friday now has 'loud' music blasting from the doorway ...
I had complained about the fact I couldn't have a non-smoking room .. not much they could do I was told - nothing else available - I could be moved to a nearby hotel?
The Friday night meal was very nice, but very expensive - didn't bother with the breakfasts.
The event in the Pennine suite was fabulous.
On checking out on the Sunday morning I was offered a 40 pound reduction on my bill.
Sadly, it seems since the Accor group took over the Last Drop from the MacDonald Hotels group the standards have dropped.
I will visit again if only for the village shops and maybe the odd snack in the Tea Rooms, but I don't think I will be staying overnight there again for the foreeseable future
Very sad ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 star hotel is a collection of 18th-century farmhouses with 128 rooms, located on the edge of the Pennine Moors. Ideal for visiting Manchester, Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, Haydock Racecourse, Chester Zoo or the nearby Ribble Valley. 25 min from Manchester city centre and close to major road networks. Self contained conference centre accommodating up to 700 delegates. Courtyard Restaurant, Courtyard bar, Tea Shop, and Spa Naturel including indoor pool, technogym, sauna and beauty rooms. 24 hour room service, free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel Bolton
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel And Spa
- Last Drop Village Bolton
- Last Drop Hotel Bolton
- Accor Last Drop Village Hotel