“Birthday Treat”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on here and almost booked a different Hotel altogether. I am glad I didn't, I found the staff extremely pleasant and courteous although the Hotel could do with a bit of a refurb, In general I was pleasantly surprised. My massage was excellent and I felt relaxed and rejuvenated afterwards. My only slight disappointment was the Hydro-pool not working but it was up and running the following morning, so it wasn't just lip service to say they were working on it. The restaurant staff were very attentive and the Maitre d' (Patrick) particularly attentive, food was top notch as well as service, steak was cooked to perfection. I would have no reservation in recommending the Hotel and it's quaint village and will be returning in the near future for my de-stress regime.

Room Tip: Avoid a room on the corridor if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deeds696
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Deeds696

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and Patrick was delighted to have a personal mention!

Our team work very hard to keep our guests happy and to hear we got it right for you will only encourage us more.

I do hope we will welcome you back in the near future and many thanks once again.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We made our daughter's wedding here and had a fabulous time. We had over 100 guests staying at the hotel. We booked an Executive room because we wanted a larger room for the bride to get ready! No complaints - lovely room and the bathroom was fine. Wonderful atmosphere at the hotel. Unfortunately didn't get the time to use the gym or spa facilities although the bride's father enjoyed writing his speech on a outcrop of rock overlooking the wonderful view at the back of the hotel! Look forward to revisiting. Wonderful venue for a wedding!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sharonbetty

Dear Sharon Betty

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a great review following your daughters wedding with us.

It is a delight to read that you were so pleased and I am equally pleased to share your comments with our team.

I do hope we will welcome you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked a spa day for my daughter and myself as her Birthday treat. I was very disappointed with the spa: the hydrotherapy pool and the steam room were not working and hadnt been for a while. I booked the week before but was not informed at the time of booking. The treatments were excellent, Melissa did them for me, but the lunch was average, and the coffee machine was not managed well and ran out of coffee beans all the time. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Dear AshaPK

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit with us.

I am sorry to hear you were dissapointed with certain elements of your stay.

After a great deal of technical maintenance I can now confirm that all our Spa facilities are fully functioning so if you are visiting the area again please contact me via h6634-om@accor.com and I will arrange a day pass for our Leisure club for you.

I do hope you will re visit us and enjoy the relaxing environment that we are so proud of here at the hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

While the main pool is good, the hydrotherapy pool has been broken for some time awaiting parts etc to fix it it, I would have thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do some general maintainance on it ie: clean it, there are water marks around the pool, tiles missing and a large amount of dirt & grit on the floor of the pool. The saunas are now working but the steam room does not have any steam, the aromatherapy and steam rooms have dirthy floors and a mould smell and in one room a wire hanging from the wall, I was actually told by another customer it has been like this for ages, it is very sad as I had hoped to organise a hen party day of pampering and also becoming a member there. I have made 2 complaints on the 1st was told 'I know everyone complains but nothing gets done' and 2nd time made to rush as another customer arrived, this is why I have decided to come on here, it is a beautiful setting wasted.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Pam H

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

I am unsure as to why any member of our team would respond to a complaint with such a remark and I can assure you that all our guests comments are taken very seriously.

We did have a 2 week spell in which we had several engineers visit the spa to resolve the technical issues we had and I am pleased to report that all our equipment is now in full operation so should you be visiting the area again please do e mail directly on h6634-om@accor.com and I will happily arrange for you to enjoy a complimentary day pass for full use of our Leisure Club.

Please be assured that we work very hard to ensure all our guests have a great relaxing visit so I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Once again many thanks for your time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just got back from a spa break at The Last Drop Village and couldn't fault it at all. I read the reviews the morning before setting off which worried me a lot but we were very pleasantly surprised. We checked in early and our room was already ready for us and the reception staff were very polite and courteous. The room was very spacious (a double and twin bed) and had a large bathroom which was extremely clean. We also called into the Tea Room for lunch and the gentleman in there was very attentive with all the customers and made a great effort (try the fishfinger sandwich - it was fab!)
We used the gym and spa and had no problems at all. There are notices all over the place about the current problem with the hydropool which means it is a lower temperature than normal but that this is currently being investigated by the mechanics - so it can't come as a shock! We used the pool yesterday and this morning and the hydropool was warmer this morning, in fact it had steam was rising off it which made it lovely. Yes, there were small kids in the pool yesterday tea time but at no time is the hotel advertised as an adult only spa facility and they weren't in for long. Give the hotel a chance to bring money in somehow, times are hard for all businesses!
The 3 course meal at night (that comes as part of the spa package) was excellent and there was more than enough and again, breakfast was brill. The spa package is the same price as some hotels charge for just the room and it includes bed, breakfast, evening meal and full use of the spa facilities and 1 treatment which is fantastic value.

ALL the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. They went out of their way to chat and I can only assume that the previous reviews were written during their hectic wedding days when the hotel is full. The hairdryer in our room wasn't working properly so I telephoned reception and within 10 minutes the duty manager was at our room with a replacement dryer. Nothing was too much trouble.

Don't be put off by the reviews, I will definately be going back and would like to thank the hotel and staff for a lovely break.

Dear Jane W

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent visit to us.

It is always a delight to hear such great feedback and this has been shared with our team at the hotel.

I do hope we will welcome you again in the future and many thanks once again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After reading the previous review for the Living Social afternoon tea, I was apprehensive about our visit today. I had only gone on-line to find the directions! The comment about the venue being the Tea Room and not the hotel was a bonus, as the voucher was misleading. However, on to the tea.
The tea room was quiet when we arrived and booked in (was there a need to book?) but we were soon followed by a large party of walkersand another small group. We were provided with cups and saucers quite quickly then waited a while before our hot drinks arrived. The teapot for 2 was a reasonable size and my small pot of coffee provided me with almost 3 cups of coffee whilst we waited for food to arrive.
The waiter was very pleasant and despite the large numbers, retained his friendly manner as he was working alone. After a wait of over half an hour I had to ask if our food was on its way as my mother had medical appointments to attend and I had estimated that 90 minutes would be sufficient time to enjoy our afternoon treat. We were down to 45minutes by this time. The waiter had just been advised by the kitchen that our food was ready but as no other food had been served to anyone I could not understand the wait. Anyway, our faces lit up when delivered to our table were 3 three tier cake stands! Beautifully cut, assorted sandwiches on the bottom tier (no crusts!), a scone with pot of jam and pot of cream on the middle, then 3 assorted cakes on the top layer, garnished with a large, juicy, fresh strawberry. We were delighted and this was what we had hoped for but did not expect due to the previous review.. It was wonderful to note that the management had taken on board the previous comments and acted upon them.
The sandwiches were very freshly made and the fillings delicious. If I had to complain, it would be that the scone was cold (out of a chiller probably), and I would have preferred it warm, but that was a minor matter.
By this time, all my coffee had gone so my request for a refill was quickly granted, along with a pot of hot water to refresh the tea. No additional charge was made for this. Another bonus point.
We could not eat all that was before us, due to being very full and also because of the lack of time. If we had had more time then we perhaps would have eaten more. However we were invited to take the items with us. This was good, The bad part was that paper bags had to be used to pack the items, which was not good for the cake toppings, and they were only small bags. Perhaps some foil may have been a good idea?
Overall our experience was a very pleasant one and I would certainly venture back again some other time when we were not so pushed for time.
Well done the management for their actions.

1  Thank curlyKateLancashire

Dear CurlyKateLancashire

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to us for Afternoon tea.

It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We wanted a relaxing romantic three days with everything on location so we didn't have to drive any where.
Unfortunately the drop Inn pub was closed the whole time and the Spa hydro pool and a couple of other rooms weren't' working ,another guest informed us that the hydro pool hadn' t been working for a year! clearly it isn't' been fixed!
Due to he drop Inn closed for refurbishment we were forced to in drink in the bar where a small white wine and pint of larger was over £9.As we checked out with our suitcases the girl on reception didn't even acknowledge our departure by saying goodbye and has everything been alright.
Our room was clean but others areas of the hotel were dated and shabby not something we expected from a Mecure Hotel ,we have stayed at several! In stead of enjoying the hotels facilities we drove down into the local town every day, this was what we didn't want to do! The reality fell far short of the website advertisement!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Helen M

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed during your visit, we are experiencing technical difficulties within our spa at the moment and are working very hard along with our engineers to have everything up and running as soon as possible.

Our bar prices are a little higher than most high street bars or local pubs however we do feel they are within the usual price brand for a hotel and we do have our prices clearly displayed within all our bars.

Should you feel you would like to re-visit us when our spa is in full operation please contact me via h6634-om@accor.com and I will happily make your arrangements for you.

Once again many thanks for your time.

Kind Regards

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel
Premier Inn Bolton (Stadium/Arena) Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!