Just got back from a spa break at The Last Drop Village and couldn't fault it at all. I read the reviews the morning before setting off which worried me a lot but we were very pleasantly surprised. We checked in early and our room was already ready for us and the reception staff were very polite and courteous. The room was very spacious (a double and twin bed) and had a large bathroom which was extremely clean. We also called into the Tea Room for lunch and the gentleman in there was very attentive with all the customers and made a great effort (try the fishfinger sandwich - it was fab!)
We used the gym and spa and had no problems at all. There are notices all over the place about the current problem with the hydropool which means it is a lower temperature than normal but that this is currently being investigated by the mechanics - so it can't come as a shock! We used the pool yesterday and this morning and the hydropool was warmer this morning, in fact it had steam was rising off it which made it lovely. Yes, there were small kids in the pool yesterday tea time but at no time is the hotel advertised as an adult only spa facility and they weren't in for long. Give the hotel a chance to bring money in somehow, times are hard for all businesses!
The 3 course meal at night (that comes as part of the spa package) was excellent and there was more than enough and again, breakfast was brill. The spa package is the same price as some hotels charge for just the room and it includes bed, breakfast, evening meal and full use of the spa facilities and 1 treatment which is fantastic value.
ALL the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. They went out of their way to chat and I can only assume that the previous reviews were written during their hectic wedding days when the hotel is full. The hairdryer in our room wasn't working properly so I telephoned reception and within 10 minutes the duty manager was at our room with a replacement dryer. Nothing was too much trouble.
Don't be put off by the reviews, I will definately be going back and would like to thank the hotel and staff for a lovely break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 star hotel is a collection of 18th-century farmhouses with 128 rooms, located on the edge of the Pennine Moors. Ideal for visiting Manchester, Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, Haydock Racecourse, Chester Zoo or the nearby Ribble Valley. 25 min from Manchester city centre and close to major road networks. Self contained conference centre accommodating up to 700 delegates. Courtyard Restaurant, Courtyard bar, Tea Shop, and Spa Naturel including indoor pool, technogym, sauna and beauty rooms. 24 hour room service, free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel Bolton
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel And Spa
- Last Drop Village Bolton
- Last Drop Hotel Bolton
- Accor Last Drop Village Hotel