“Great!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Great!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just got back from a spa break at The Last Drop Village and couldn't fault it at all. I read the reviews the morning before setting off which worried me a lot but we were very pleasantly surprised. We checked in early and our room was already ready for us and the reception staff were very polite and courteous. The room was very spacious (a double and twin bed) and had a large bathroom which was extremely clean. We also called into the Tea Room for lunch and the gentleman in there was very attentive with all the customers and made a great effort (try the fishfinger sandwich - it was fab!)
We used the gym and spa and had no problems at all. There are notices all over the place about the current problem with the hydropool which means it is a lower temperature than normal but that this is currently being investigated by the mechanics - so it can't come as a shock! We used the pool yesterday and this morning and the hydropool was warmer this morning, in fact it had steam was rising off it which made it lovely. Yes, there were small kids in the pool yesterday tea time but at no time is the hotel advertised as an adult only spa facility and they weren't in for long. Give the hotel a chance to bring money in somehow, times are hard for all businesses!
The 3 course meal at night (that comes as part of the spa package) was excellent and there was more than enough and again, breakfast was brill. The spa package is the same price as some hotels charge for just the room and it includes bed, breakfast, evening meal and full use of the spa facilities and 1 treatment which is fantastic value.

ALL the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. They went out of their way to chat and I can only assume that the previous reviews were written during their hectic wedding days when the hotel is full. The hairdryer in our room wasn't working properly so I telephoned reception and within 10 minutes the duty manager was at our room with a replacement dryer. Nothing was too much trouble.

Don't be put off by the reviews, I will definately be going back and would like to thank the hotel and staff for a lovely break.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Jane W

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent visit to us.

It is always a delight to hear such great feedback and this has been shared with our team at the hotel.

I do hope we will welcome you again in the future and many thanks once again.

Warmest Regards

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Lancashire
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After reading the previous review for the Living Social afternoon tea, I was apprehensive about our visit today. I had only gone on-line to find the directions! The comment about the venue being the Tea Room and not the hotel was a bonus, as the voucher was misleading. However, on to the tea.
The tea room was quiet when we arrived and booked in (was there a need to book?) but we were soon followed by a large party of walkersand another small group. We were provided with cups and saucers quite quickly then waited a while before our hot drinks arrived. The teapot for 2 was a reasonable size and my small pot of coffee provided me with almost 3 cups of coffee whilst we waited for food to arrive.
The waiter was very pleasant and despite the large numbers, retained his friendly manner as he was working alone. After a wait of over half an hour I had to ask if our food was on its way as my mother had medical appointments to attend and I had estimated that 90 minutes would be sufficient time to enjoy our afternoon treat. We were down to 45minutes by this time. The waiter had just been advised by the kitchen that our food was ready but as no other food had been served to anyone I could not understand the wait. Anyway, our faces lit up when delivered to our table were 3 three tier cake stands! Beautifully cut, assorted sandwiches on the bottom tier (no crusts!), a scone with pot of jam and pot of cream on the middle, then 3 assorted cakes on the top layer, garnished with a large, juicy, fresh strawberry. We were delighted and this was what we had hoped for but did not expect due to the previous review.. It was wonderful to note that the management had taken on board the previous comments and acted upon them.
The sandwiches were very freshly made and the fillings delicious. If I had to complain, it would be that the scone was cold (out of a chiller probably), and I would have preferred it warm, but that was a minor matter.
By this time, all my coffee had gone so my request for a refill was quickly granted, along with a pot of hot water to refresh the tea. No additional charge was made for this. Another bonus point.
We could not eat all that was before us, due to being very full and also because of the lack of time. If we had had more time then we perhaps would have eaten more. However we were invited to take the items with us. This was good, The bad part was that paper bags had to be used to pack the items, which was not good for the cake toppings, and they were only small bags. Perhaps some foil may have been a good idea?
Overall our experience was a very pleasant one and I would certainly venture back again some other time when we were not so pushed for time.
Well done the management for their actions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank curlyKateLancashire
Dear CurlyKateLancashire

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to us for Afternoon tea.

It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will welcome you again in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We wanted a relaxing romantic three days with everything on location so we didn't have to drive any where.
Unfortunately the drop Inn pub was closed the whole time and the Spa hydro pool and a couple of other rooms weren't' working ,another guest informed us that the hydro pool hadn' t been working for a year! clearly it isn't' been fixed!
Due to he drop Inn closed for refurbishment we were forced to in drink in the bar where a small white wine and pint of larger was over £9.As we checked out with our suitcases the girl on reception didn't even acknowledge our departure by saying goodbye and has everything been alright.
Our room was clean but others areas of the hotel were dated and shabby not something we expected from a Mecure Hotel ,we have stayed at several! In stead of enjoying the hotels facilities we drove down into the local town every day, this was what we didn't want to do! The reality fell far short of the website advertisement!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Helen M

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed during your visit, we are experiencing technical difficulties within our spa at the moment and are working very hard along with our engineers to have everything up and running as soon as possible.

Our bar prices are a little higher than most high street bars or local pubs however we do feel they are within the usual price brand for a hotel and we do have our prices clearly displayed within all our bars.

Should you feel you would like to re-visit us when our spa is in full operation please contact me via h6634-om@accor.com and I will happily make your arrangements for you.

Once again many thanks for your time.

Travelers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I suprised my husband to a night here for his birthday to enjoy the spa facilities which looked very appealing on the hotel website. Unfortunately we didnt get off to the best start as we had to wait 20 mins just to enquire about checking in, only one lady on reception with others popping in and out from the room at the back but not looking to help those waiting.

Headed to the spa which was a huge disappointment. The pool was the only thing worth mentioning as good. Nice size and temperature with relaxing loungers and music. The actual spa facilities were shocking, the thermal pool wasn't working and the steam room and aromatherapy room produced a puff of steam. So basicay we used the sauna and that was all. The steam rooms also smelled quite musty which was quite off putting. Showers in ladies were rusted and quite dirty.

We use spa hotels very regularly and have never had to complain so far however I felt feedback was warranted so spoke with the lady in the spa who was quite argumentative initially however seemed to eventually understand our concerns, other residents were complaining at same time after hearing our comments that the steam room was shocking. Then spoke with the manager of the hotel. His response was initially apologetic and he went to speak with spa staff. On his return he basically called me a liar and said the steam room was full of steam. Interestingly on our visit the following day the steam room still did not produce steam. We were offered a complimentary bottle of wine to hopefully improve our evening however sadly the managers attitude regarding the spa had upset me so much, I felt I still hadn't really been given any apology and was only given justification as to the 'type of steam room'. Also even after an engineers visit the outdoor pool was still not heated the following day (after being informed it would be). Customer service is certainly not a strong point to this place and I did not expect to have to argue with the manager about how a steam room should work! Very much ruined out weekend here and we would sadly not recommend the spa facilities at all (although massage was fab)

I must say though the food in the hotel was top quality with fast service, breakfast was also good.

Apologies for the essay- I am not used to negatively reviewing hotels but feel the hotel needs to see comments like this to know how to improve.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Lanipoos

Please accept my sincere apologies that during your visit you found our spa to be experienced great technical difficulties.

We are currently working very hard alongside our spa engineers to get everything up and running as soon as possible.

Could I please ask you to contact me directly via e mail on h6634-om@accor.com with a contact telephone number so I can call you at a time convenient to you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

went here with 3 girlfriends on a voucher for champagne afternoon tea 7.50 instead of 15 pounds each. the whole place looked a bit shabby and run down. on arriving we went to the tea rooms to book in . the lady there was quite abrupt and not very welcoming. we took a table outside and waited and waited with nobody coming to us and saying sorry for the delay. fortunately we were chatting and having a catch up. eventually our glasses of bubbly came with an apology for the delay from the same lady. then our teas and coffees and afternoon tea came. I must say that this was all excellent. lovely sandwiches, 3 delicious fresh cakes, a lovely light scone with a pot of jam each and plenty of clotted cream and delicious coffee.I think the lady was under pressure as it was busy (no excuse for poor customer service) but she did redeem herself afterwards and the food was as good an afternoon tea as we've had at more expensive places in manchester.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Stephanie K

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to our teashop.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit however if you don't mind could you please e mail me on h6634-om@accor.com with the date and a rough time of your visit so I can look at the staffing situation.

Once again thank you for your time.

sheffield
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Got a really good deal on last minute.Com
Involved £70 of Spa treatment room for the night. 3 course meal and a Breakfast for 2 people.
All for £128
This is a great price.

Bad points: thought I'd buy a drink from the bar. Pint of Kronnenberg and a glass of Rose wine. £ 9.40.
It was only one pint. Drove down to the local shop and bought 4 cans and a bottle of wine for less than the bar price. When speaking to the shop owner he told me that people come down every week and do the same.
First Room we was offered had a strong smell of wet paint. The room had been painted either that day or the day before. Moved room without problem to another decent non paint smelling room.

My wife enjoyed her Spa treatment. Facial and neck massage.
Whilst she was there, I used the pool and sauna area. Decent sized pool. Good to see it was being tested for cleanliness. Bad to see a 1/3 of the pool closed off for children's swimming lessons.
The outside pool is a good idea. Shame it was broken the first day so unheated. Closed the second day for repair.

3 course meal in the evening was delicious. I stuck to my tin of beer I poured into my pre bought pint. The wife did the same with her wine. Slightly larger portions wouldn't go amiss.

Advertised as having a seperate pub which it does in the courtyard I was curious to if the drink was slightly cheaper. It was a desolate closed area. Disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear widetraveller20

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay apart from a few negatives and for those I can assure you we listen to our guests feedback and look to improve where possible.

Here at the Last Drop we welcome a variety of guests and whlist we are aware our prices are higher than some bars or pubs it is a minority of guests that find them too expensive as we do a lot of research to ensure they are no higher than any other 3 star hotel or bar. We display our prices clearly as we do not want to surprise any guests after dispensing drinks.

We do have a Village Pub on site however this is only open on a Saturday and Sunday till 6pm as we have the courtyard bar available after that time, I will look to get all websites reviewed to ensure this is communicated.

I'm glad we were able to move you to another room and that you enjoyed the leisure facilities.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope we will welcome you again in the future.

Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean, staff were friendly, we took full advantage of the pool and bar. Set in lovely surroundings with some nice little shops. I would recommend this place and will definitely stay her next time I'm visiting family in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coutnay M

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear your family had a great stay and I hope you will
visit us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley Cross
#10 of 13 in Bolton
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 116 in Manchester

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!