“Spa day”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was booked a spa day here as a surprise for my hen do, and I really couldn't fault it. The staff were very friendly, the 2 treatments I had were amazing! The place was spotless and the lunch we had was delicious! I loved the infinity pool and the steam rooms/saunas, I had a brilliant day and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Carla82uk

Many thanks for leaving your review following your recent stay with us.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with our team and I hope we will welcome you
back to stay again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just spent two days here at the end of the week. All the staff we delt with were really polite and very helpful. Everywhere was extremely clean. The bedroom was just of the court yard and easy to reach. My only complaint was tha the bed speaked every time either myself or hubby moved. I was very happy with everything else in the room. Breakfast was extremely good both mornings, Friday been hot food been served to you and Saturday been self service. All the continental was set out well and again self service a nice selection of cheese, cold meat, cereal and bread. Coffee and toast served to the table. Tha spa was explained to us and we had a lovely couple of lazy afternoons in their. So all in all we will return thank you to The Last Drop

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear flintstonesBuxton

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

I hope we will welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This afternoon tea was booked via the daily deal website Living Social. It dropped in my email inbox and I thought it was a good idea to try with it not being that far away from Rossendale, visited Sunday 30th June.

The cost was £8.50 per person (a saving of £1)

When we arrived we were not sure where the tea was and naturally went to the hotel to discover it was in the village tea rooms on site. Very traditional interior decor as to be expected with the Last Drop complex. We had to book to use the voucher so we were expected and we could sit anywhere. The manager was very jolly and chatty and the service was efficient.

We were not offered any alternate options or asked if we were vegetarian etc and not offered any other teas. This option was a traditional afternoon tea with regular tea and we had to ask for one with coffee.

The Tea pot was very small with a bag and no extra hot water. Due to the size of the pot the tea was strong. I did ask for more hot water later and the teapot was topped up. The drinks were brought very quickly but due to the size of them they were almost finished before any food arrived.

Onto the food though, it was served on two large plates not a tiered stand, and there was plenty.

The sandwiches included ham and mustard, salmon and cucumber, chicken in mayo and cheese and chutney. They were nice, the tarragon mayo was very nice it was a shame though to have a small amount of gristle in it. I am glad I had that one last as it was off putting. The bread did appear to be cheap bread.

As ever, we were served scones and a plate of desserts. The scones were warm but I suspect microwaved as the texture was quite doughy. A pot of jam each and a large portion of clotted cream to share.

The pots were lemon cheesecake, we used our tea spoons from our drinks to eat them with as we were not given any spoons. I did like these, I would say my favourite of the desserts. As hubby doesn't like cheesecake I had both.

In addition, we had carrot cake, chocolate fudge cake and coffee cake all of which were very moist. We couldn't eat them all and ended up taking some home.

Overall, it was OK, there was plenty of food but to me afternoon tea is an experience and it was the detail that let this down. The quality of sandwiches compared to others was not there and there was a lack of finesse, the lack of spoons and the small tea pot, it could be so much better with minor changes.

http://bit.ly/18DOpNe - blog

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lisajlb

Dear lisajlb

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit for afternoon tea.

Your feedback will prove valuable to us when looking at our afternoon tea offering and hopefully we can look to making a few changes as you suggest to make it even better.

Once again thank you for your time and I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Myself and my new husband Kevin were married at this hotel on Friday 14th June 2013 and it was a magical experience. From day one of our enquiry the wedding co-ordinator Margaret Graham was professional, friendly and courteous. The details were explained simply over the phone and then followed up by an explicit email. Any questions I might have had were promptly answered so that I was never worried about calling back with even the smallest of enquiries. The venue we had was the chatham suite as we were only a party of 15, it was made up exactly as I had requested and actually made me cry when I saw the detail they had gone to. The food was excellent and our master of ceremonies (sorry I have forgotten his name) couldnt do enough for our guests, nothing was too much trouble and all with a smile on his face that was actually genuine. My only criticism ot this venue was that we thought the wines were overpriced even for a hotel but hey did it matter NO! Would I recommend this hotel.... yes in a flash. Thankyou to all the staff that helped make our day wonderful. Lynne Duckworth (nee Melia).
PS When you book this venue go the night before and enjoy the fabulous spa facilities.

Room Tip: If elderly people ask for a lower floor as there are a lot of stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lynne

Many thanks for leaving such a great review following your recent wedding with us.

Patrick and the team who looked after you thoroughly enjoyed being part of your day and it is such a boost when we receive such glowing comments.

I do hope we will welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently made a wedding at The Last Drop Village Hotel.. We used a number of the different rooms and facilities that the location had to offer and the main dinner and dance was held in the Pennine Suite.

The facilities and rooms that were made available to us were fantastic !

As for the staff - I cannot praise them highly enough. Their help, enthusiasm and particularly genuine willingness to help all made for a most memorable event, and we are still receiving calls, some 2 weeks later saying how wonderful everything was. The staff really could not have done anything more for us, and if I was ever to host another function, i would not think twice about going anywhere else.

We had made 2 previous weddings, and on those occasions had used leading city centre hotels - they didnt come anywhere close in terms of the warmth, friendliness and attitudes of their staff compared to what we have just experienced.

To Margaret Graham, and all members of the Last Drop - thank you again - you left us with only fantastic memories of a very special day, and we could not have done it without you all.

Avrom Bishop
Salford, M7

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Avrom

Many thanks for leaving such a delightful review following your recent wedding with us.

It was our pleasure to host your special day and we are all thrilled you had such a fabulous time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future and once again thank you for such wonderful comments.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Second stay this year with husband and friends. Went Sunday to Monday and booked direct with Mecure. The rooms were great next to each other and by pool. This hotel has the best spa in the area and going on Sunday was quiter than Saturday.

The price we paid was very good and the rooms are clean, quiet and spacious. My only gripe was the eveving meals we chose were not available but we were offered substitutes. The wine is seriously expensive at £20 for cheapest bottle of white although probably average for a hotel. Breakfast was substantial and plenty of choice for all diets/pallets.

Special thanks to Amanda who noted all my requests on the phone reception staff very helpful as we're catering staff.

Great time had by all and a relaxing stay look forward to next one

Room Tip: Email or telephone your requests staff are very helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear skiptotravel

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay with us.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay on the whole, It is always nice when one of our team member receives a personal mention thank you.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley Cross
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 120 in Manchester
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!