“Nothing special”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for the 2 nights recently and have to say not overly impressed. The room was ok. Some staff very friendly, others not so. The food was ok, but again have had better. The breakfast seemed a bit chaotic the 2 mornings I was there, and the management appeared to be getting a bit stressed. The spa was very disappointing. No music in treatment rooms, 2 days running, apparently the CD player broke, and the replacement broke on 2nd day. The relaxation room was littered with empty glasses and the cream leather chairs were distinctly greyThe infinity pool had shutter down half way both days I was there and the rest of poolside rooms just ok. The hotel is in middle of housing estate, so not much to look out at, but the little shops on site are nice and a definite asset to what otherwise would be a mediocre property. We stayed in an outside room.Do have to say, room was clean and spacious, just a little bit dated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us here at the Last Drop Village.

We take all our guest feedback seriously and I can assure you that your comments will be communicated through to all the departments that you have mentioned.

Our Leisure Club Manager is already looking into your comments and would like to make contact with you directly if you don't mind. If you could e mail me directly on h6634-om@accor.com I can pass your details through to Adrian and we can make contact.

Once again many thanks for your comments and I do hope to see you at the Last Drop in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked for the Sun night of Bank Hol weekend for a Spa Reviver Package which seemed good value but we were left very disappointed by the whole experience.
Amongst the issues were -
long slow queue at reception to check in, and check out, people requesting room changes (never a good sign), and others having to move rooms for each night of a two night stay.
We were in a cottage through the back of the garden up various steps, room quite dated, curtain rail broken, shower useless - no pressure and either scalding or cold, fan in bathroom very noisy, no spa robes as promised, windows on 3 sides + bathroom with clear windows so we had to keep the curtains shut all the time as people walked past our room.
No one serving at the bar so had to again wait, drinks very expensive.
The restaurant then denied that our package included 3 courses from the a la carte menu, insisting we had a fixed price menu instead ( I had this in writing but not with me at the time to prove it to them). The food is promoted as fine dining but it is very far from that, I have had better in my local Beefeater.
The Spa was overcrowded with nowhere to sit, we were told to go upstairs for our treatments but there were no staff there so we again had to wait around until someone finally noticed us.
Overall not what we were hoping for, next time we will stick to our favourite Spa hotel at Ribby Hall near Lytham which is a different class to this poor effort.

Room Tip: Lots of coach parties and functions so ask for a room away from main areas, better still stay somewh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us at the Last Drop Village.

We take our guest feedback seriously so please accept my sincere apologies that you did not enjour your stay with us.

I would like to contact you directly if I may so would you please e mail me directly on h6634-om@accor.com with a contact telephone number so that I can call you to discuss your comments.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Travelers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

manch
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would highly recommend the spa facilities at the Last Drop. I went with two friends for a birthday treat which was a special offer from Living Social Deals. Sometimes on such deals I find you get second class treatment but this definitely was not the case here. Gemma was so helpful when I was arranging the day, making helpful recommendations and being very patient. When we arrived we felt very welcome, all staff were friendly and the facilities were fantastic. We loved the spa pool which is half outside so lovely and fresh. There are four or five different sauna/steam rooms and the place was really clean. Whatever we asked for, the staff were happy to help with. I loved the drinks lounge with real coffee and a selection of teas and juices.
The treatments were perfect too, so relaxing, even when there was a power cut halfway through my massage (affecting the local area, nothing to do with the hotel). The therapist just carried on calmly as if nothing had happened, so that the ambience was not disrupted.
It is such a pretty location and we will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear eac24

Many thanks for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to our Spa.

Myself and our Spa Manager Adrian were delighted to hear your comments as was Gemma and the rest of the team.

It is always nice to hear when we've got it so right and this feedback has really encouraged the team so thank you very much and I do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

chester
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Recently stayed for one night at the Last Drop Village on one of Mecure's Spa Packages. The Hotel is situated on the edge of a housing estate but our room had views over the countryside. The room was large and clean and had little extras,fluffy robes and slippers, bottled water, large flat screen tv and free WiFi. The Spa was a little tired in places, some tiles missing and the outdoor water shower was not working. The food was very good and a hiccup with the meal was rectified. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank ChesterTigger
Dear ChesterTigger

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent visit to us.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay even with the hiccups you faced in the spa and restaurant. I can assure you we are working very hard to get any technical issues we have had in the spa sorted and I am happy our restaurant team delivered professional and efficient service.

I do hope we can welcome you back to us in the near future and once again thank you for your time.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel stay was lovely , the staff were very friendly , helpful and confident with any queries you had . The whole hotel was very clean and tidy with wooden beams all over , and the rooms were immaculate and spacious . This stay was part of a coach trip so on arrival you had to choose off a menu for evening dinner so i was unsure of quality and if we would have to wait ages , to be honest I prefer help yourself so I was a little disappointed in the options that was available however, at the dinner service the staff were excellent and very attentive to you needs if you required anything from the bar etc . The food was served out extremely quickly and was very enjoyable . The breakfast on the morning was help yourself and and a large range of fresh breads , cheese , fruit and hot breakfast for those who likes a good old fry up . The breakfast was fantastic and was served with tea or coffee and toast on request . The bar was reasonable priced for a hotel . Behind the hotel was a court yard with approximately 6 shops also included tea room and pub , the tea room staff also worked in the hotel and the service was excellent , although the price of items in the tea room was expensive but very enjoyable for a treat . The other shops were a small women boutique , toy shop , jewellers and flower shop all were really lovely . All in all this was a very pleasant stay and would definitely stay again

Room Tip: the front ground floor was where we stayed room 51 and was quiet . Outside of the door was a big win...
Dear Zoe S

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a great review and also such lovely photographs.

It's always a delight to hear such feedback and the team here were very happy to read how much you'd enjoyed your visit.

I do hope we will welcome you again in the future either with another group or as an individual traveller.

Thank you again for taking such time to post your photgraphs.

Isle of Coll, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions over the last couple of weeks for four nights in total. Rooms were clean and comfortable as were the bathrooms. Modern flat screen TV, WiFi and tea making facilities. Staff were polite and very helpfull and the food was good. We used the pool most days and found it to be clean and warm. Towels are provided for hotel guests. Having stayed at ten or so hotels in the last few weeks this hotel is in the top two, only being beaten by a French Chateaux at £145 per night. We initially booked with latehotelrooms.com and got a deal for £49. The location is superb giving good views over Bolton whilst being removed from the town. There is ample car parking but I would warn of the sporty types using the hotel spa, as some of them drive through the car park to get to the rear entrance at excessive speeds and on two ocassions I narrowly avoided head on collisions with speeding Spa goers. Good value for money especially if you book on-line. I hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front give a good view over Bolton and the surrounding hills.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Reid

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us.

It's great to hear you rate us so highly and I guess we don't mind coming 2nd place to a French Chateaux.

I do hope we will welcome you again in the future and once again thank you kindly.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am writing this review as a member of the Hotel Spa. I have not stayed in the hotel since it was taken over by Mercure so I can only comment on the spa. This hotel is a shadow of its former self. I have just abandoned a trip to the spa because the changing rooms were so filthy. The hygiene conditions are so poor and the spa staff so uninterested in your complaints,it would be laughable if it wasn't costing me a monthly membership. When this hotel was owned by Macdonald Hotels everything was top notch and it had a good reputation. Now the management is non existent and the building is tired, dirty and poorly maintained. I shall be writing to Mercure directly as the members of this spa get a terrible deal. The only good thing about this hotel now is the location. Even the little artisan shops have all but disappeared. The old bakery has gone, the lovely coffee shop with its log fire has been replaced by a coffee shop which sells stale cakes and a poor cup of coffee and no log fire. The old book shop has gone. The management need to take a long hard look at this hotel and some serious investment is needed and a properly managed spa should be at the top of its list.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank janebarnes100
Dear Jane

Having been appointed in to the role of Operations Manager in the last 5 weeks it is with regret that your feedback regarding the hotel and spa is so negative.

Alongside myself we also have a new Spa Manager Adrian Thomas who is working extremely hard in the spa to bring the cleanliness and standards back to the level our members and also us as a management team expect.

If you would be so kind as to e mail me directly on h6634-om@accor.com I will be more than happy to arrange to meet with you when you are next visiting the hotel so we can discuss your frustrations and hopefully turn them into positives in the near future.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley Cross
#10 of 13 in Bolton
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 116 in Manchester

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!