Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Red Hall Hotel(Walmersley)
1,785 results
All reviewsevening mealtea roomthe main hotelset menuwedding venuebar priceswedding receptionfamily roomstaff were lovelyfood was lovelyfollowing morningleisure facilitiesstayed here for one nightfull englishoutdoor poolpenny farthingthermal suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Recently stayed for one night at the Last Drop Village on one of Mecure's Spa Packages. The Hotel is situated on the edge of a housing estate but our room had views over the countryside. The room was large and clean and had little extras,fluffy robes and slippers, bottled water, large flat screen tv and free WiFi. The Spa was a little tired in places, some tiles missing and the outdoor water shower was not working. The food was very good and a hiccup with the meal was rectified. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank ChesterTigger
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear ChesterTigger

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent visit to us.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay even with the hiccups you faced in the spa and restaurant. I can assure you we are working very hard to get any technical issues we have had in the spa sorted and I am happy our restaurant team delivered professional and efficient service.

I do hope we can welcome you back to us in the near future and once again thank you for your time.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel stay was lovely , the staff were very friendly , helpful and confident with any queries you had . The whole hotel was very clean and tidy with wooden beams all over , and the rooms were immaculate and spacious . This stay was part of a coach trip so on arrival you had to choose off a menu for evening dinner so i was unsure of quality and if we would have to wait ages , to be honest I prefer help yourself so I was a little disappointed in the options that was available however, at the dinner service the staff were excellent and very attentive to you needs if you required anything from the bar etc . The food was served out extremely quickly and was very enjoyable . The breakfast on the morning was help yourself and and a large range of fresh breads , cheese , fruit and hot breakfast for those who likes a good old fry up . The breakfast was fantastic and was served with tea or coffee and toast on request . The bar was reasonable priced for a hotel . Behind the hotel was a court yard with approximately 6 shops also included tea room and pub , the tea room staff also worked in the hotel and the service was excellent , although the price of items in the tea room was expensive but very enjoyable for a treat . The other shops were a small women boutique , toy shop , jewellers and flower shop all were really lovely . All in all this was a very pleasant stay and would definitely stay again

Room Tip: the front ground floor was where we stayed room 51 and was quiet . Outside of the door was a big window and the views were brilliant
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Zoe S

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a great review and also such lovely photographs.

It's always a delight to hear such feedback and the team here were very happy to read how much you'd enjoyed your visit.

I do hope we will welcome you again in the future either with another group or as an individual traveller.

Thank you again for taking such time to post your photgraphs.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions over the last couple of weeks for four nights in total. Rooms were clean and comfortable as were the bathrooms. Modern flat screen TV, WiFi and tea making facilities. Staff were polite and very helpfull and the food was good. We used the pool most days and found it to be clean and warm. Towels are provided for hotel guests. Having stayed at ten or so hotels in the last few weeks this hotel is in the top two, only being beaten by a French Chateaux at £145 per night. We initially booked with latehotelrooms.com and got a deal for £49. The location is superb giving good views over Bolton whilst being removed from the town. There is ample car parking but I would warn of the sporty types using the hotel spa, as some of them drive through the car park to get to the rear entrance at excessive speeds and on two ocassions I narrowly avoided head on collisions with speeding Spa goers. Good value for money especially if you book on-line. I hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front give a good view over Bolton and the surrounding hills.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Reid

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us.

It's great to hear you rate us so highly and I guess we don't mind coming 2nd place to a French Chateaux.

I do hope we will welcome you again in the future and once again thank you kindly.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am writing this review as a member of the Hotel Spa. I have not stayed in the hotel since it was taken over by Mercure so I can only comment on the spa. This hotel is a shadow of its former self. I have just abandoned a trip to the spa because the changing rooms were so filthy. The hygiene conditions are so poor and the spa staff so uninterested in your complaints,it would be laughable if it wasn't costing me a monthly membership. When this hotel was owned by Macdonald Hotels everything was top notch and it had a good reputation. Now the management is non existent and the building is tired, dirty and poorly maintained. I shall be writing to Mercure directly as the members of this spa get a terrible deal. The only good thing about this hotel now is the location. Even the little artisan shops have all but disappeared. The old bakery has gone, the lovely coffee shop with its log fire has been replaced by a coffee shop which sells stale cakes and a poor cup of coffee and no log fire. The old book shop has gone. The management need to take a long hard look at this hotel and some serious investment is needed and a properly managed spa should be at the top of its list.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank janebarnes100

Dear Jane

Having been appointed in to the role of Operations Manager in the last 5 weeks it is with regret that your feedback regarding the hotel and spa is so negative.

Alongside myself we also have a new Spa Manager Adrian Thomas who is working extremely hard in the spa to bring the cleanliness and standards back to the level our members and also us as a management team expect.

If you would be so kind as to e mail me directly on h6634-om@accor.com I will be more than happy to arrange to meet with you when you are next visiting the hotel so we can discuss your frustrations and hopefully turn them into positives in the near future.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have just had a one night stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly. The setting of the hotel is beautiful. The interior of the hotel is clean but does have a bit of a mouldy smell in places. The room had everything you need including a flat screen television with a choice of channels. The beds were comfortable and the bedding was very clean. Rooms contain a hairdyer, towels and toiletries. We did make use of the pool which was lovely along with the steam room and sauna.The staff who were working on the reception by the pool were lovely and towels were provided so you don't need to use your own. We only had a one night stay so only had breakfast. The dining area was clean and the choice of food was plentiful - fruit, cereal, full English, croissants, cheeses, toast, cooked meats with a choice fruit jiuces and hot drinks.
Did have a pleasant night's stay and was only put off by the mouldy smell in places. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea R

Dear Andrea R

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us in April.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and my team are equally pleased you found us so friendly.

I do hope to welcome you again in the near future and once again thank you.