“Brill value”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed for just one night with my daughter on bed breakfast and dinner deal. Fantastic quality of food and super service. We had a huge room even though onlybthe two of us. Well stocked freindly bar too. Def will be going back for longer

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Julie

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us in April.

It's always a delight to read such glowing comments and the team have all seen your review so thank you very much.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future and once again many thanks.

Warmest Regards

Jayne Riley
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Me and my friend booked a Spa Day with a 25 minute treatment (of our choice) and Tea & Cakes at the Last Drop for some pamper time online through SpaBreaks.com The welcome at the Reception of the actual hotel was very warming but the welcome the actual Spa Reception wasn’t as good. The girl on reception gave the impression that we weren’t actually booked as she queried our booking however then went on to tell us basically our treatment was not until 3pm having arrived at 9am. Thankfully we were able to change the times to 12 and 12.30. She gave us our gowns and towels and basically left us to it? Thankfully a very kind young tall gentleman who worked there asked us if we were okay and gave us an actual tour of the whole spa and how things work etc. He was very pleasant and helpful and got us some slippers too! SO thankfully he was there. The spa itself was lovely and very relaxing. I had booked for a neck, shoulder and back massage which was very good and the girl was very polite and professional. However she did ask if we had booked the treatment that day to which I responded no then she went onto say luckily we had a cancellation otherwise we would have had to wait. We did ask about another treatment whilst there but unfortunately the therapists were all booked up. The Steam Room didn’t seem to be turned. The cakes we were served were abit dry and looked abit like they had been there a while :-(

We had a wonder round the village to the newly opened boutique which had some lovely and beautiful dresses and the lady served us with champagne!! I recommend the shop as there was some unique dresses. The lady in the Tea Rooms seemed abit rude and didnt have the time of day for us open serving us at the till. They didnt serve toast but served cheese on toast? mmm.

The actual day was a lovely day and a nice change.

I would rate the day 6/5 out of 10

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear JenaGerrard8

Many Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Last Drop Village & Spa.

Firstly please allow me to apologise for any confusion regarding your treatments I can assure you I will follow this up with my reservations team.

Having been just appointed in my role here I appreciate all feedback received and I do hope this experience hasn't put you off returning to us.

Should you be visiting the area in the future please drop me a line to the e mail address below and I will make sure the team here are expecting you and that you have a pleasurable experience with us.

Many Thanks

Jayne Riley
Operations Manager
h6634-om@accor.com

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed for one night in this hotel with National Holidays, we arrived at 5pm and had a couple of hours to relax before evening meal. The check-in was quick and efficient. Our evening meal was excellent; the food was hot and very tasty and the restaurant staff were so friendly and helpful. After a quick drink in the rather over priced bar we headed in to the local village for the night (the receptionist told us the nearest bar and ordered us a taxi). Our room was lovely and nicely decorated.
Breakfast was excellent with loads to choose from, self service in two rooms,cooked food in one room and everything else in the other.The waiter/waitress comes to your table with your tea/coffee and toast. After breakfast we had time for a quick look around the shops in the courtyard which were beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel for it's service and standard which were excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
h6634_om, General Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear 190793Dawn

Thank you for your great comments and really please to read that you had a lovely time.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed March 25, 2013

we stayed for one night in this hotel with national holidays,after putting our cases in our room we had time to visit the onsite shop as it closed at 5pm,our room was warm and cosy,plenty tea,coffee etc supplied, even sachets of herbal tea's .Our 3 course evening meal was excellent.we bought drinks at the bar to take into the dining room.(as our meal wasn't until 7.30pm we had over 2 hours in the steam room's,sauna's jaccuzzi and swimming pools ,where the robes,towels and lockers were all free).All of the staff were friendly and attentive,breakfast was excellent with many choices, self service in two adjoining rooms,cooked food in one room and everything else in the other. after you sit down a waitress will come to your table and ask if you want pots of tea or coffee and toast.

Room Tip: ask for a lower floor if stairs are a problem as there was no lift to the room we stayed in(in the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Christine C

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Pleased to read you had a great stay at the hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Travelled from Surrey for a short break visiting relatives.

Positives: location, room size, swimming pool and thermal suite, service, price and bar food

Negatives: changing rooms in fitness suite are cold and breakfast is costly if you are paying seperately

Will be returning when there is a special deal :))

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear javadj

Thank you foryour review.
If you book breakfast in the package it is a good deal.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Service shocking at reception. Waited 15 minutes to be checked, then when finally seen to , no appology for waiting. My room clearly has not being decorated since the 1950's! See my pictures attached. My room does not reflect the pictures on the website. False advertisement in my eyes! When asked to swop rooms, ( as my friends were in a completely different side to the hotel, in the NICE rooms) the lady behind the desk dismissed my concerns , and very rudely stated there were no other rooms available. I found this very hard to believe on a Tuesday night??
I would certainly not stay here again. I don't normally rate travel lodges, but they seem 5* compared to the room I stopped in.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Kellylouiseharrison

Thank you for your comments.
Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel and Spa has a number of rooms which are traditional in the decor.
Being both a leisure destination and a business hotel we do get high demand during the week and at weekends, unfortunately on this occasion we did not have any rooms we cold move you to on the Tuesday in question.
Once again thank you for your feedback

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I took my partner here for our anniversary, we had an amazing stay. I booked us an overnight spa package, which gave us a back shoulder and neck massage, 3 course meal, bed and breakfast.
We arrived and was greeted by helpful polite staff. given a tour of the facilities and shown to our room.
Our room was traditional and well equip, there was plenty of tea and coffee available more than usual in a hotel. We also had a beautiful modern bathroom with a nice deep bath and free spa products. The bed was lovely and comfortable. Was the most amazing nights sleep i've had in a long time. The spa staff were amazing, and the candlelit treatments even more so. There was a few minor faults.....but as a hotel of this size there are always going to be the few odd jobs, so people who complain on this basis are just unrealistic and selfish.

The presentation of our evening meal was flawless, really well done, however i didn't enjoy my main, as the fish still had the skin on which seriously put me off.
But the service by staff was good.. The hotel is a beautiful location and i can only say we will definitely be back again.... ALL STAFF ARE A CREDIT TO THE HOTEL.
OH and the breakfast is lovely, and check outs by noon(12) which is good, as we utilized this time to nip in the spa before we went! :) thoroughly recommend it!!!

TONY AND DARYL, PRESTWICH

Room Tip: Book well in advance for the best room, and if you want spa treatments, book during the week. Weeken...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tony F

Great to read your comments and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is always fantastic to get such good feedback regarding the team which I will of course pass on personally.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley Cross
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!