“Nice hotel to relax in.”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel to relax in.”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed here to have a chill out weekend. We got a good deal which worked out at less then £50 per night. The facilities are great and we really enjoyed the pool with outdoor section. The room was adequate although I don't think we would have paid full price as the room was basic and requires updating. Having said that except for been miles away from reception it was clean and had a good selection of bathroom products. There is a good choice of food places to eat which is different to just having one restaurant hotel. The hotel is in a good quiet location which is easy to get to from the motorway. We will return here

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank barryfryus
h6634_gm, General Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Thank you for your response. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. The Last Drop is quite unique and has quite a few different room types, some of which have been recently refurbished. Please ask when making your next reservation and we look forward to welcomeing you back soon. Have a good Easter Break.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Couldn't find us a room for over three quarters of an hour even though booking was fine as they confirmed. No info given during this time without me askingSurly receptionist. 2 managers we saw were fine but not overly helpful or pleasant. Terrible Put me Up pushed into room. Noisy revellers during the night. Bathroom needed cleaning - did not complain as the experience we'd had on arrival was quite upsetting. Were given a bottle of house wine with dinner that evening as an apology. Staff no time and not pleasant sometimes rude - bar man looked at me as if I was mad when I asked for an Irish coffee and said he would try and make me one but that would leave the bar unattended which was not unusual actually.Swimming pool fine and the attendants there were great.
No where to eat dinner in the village after 5.00 only the hotel restaurant which is a bit expensive for what you get. Second evening there, coudn't get a reservation untill 9.30p.m with a 5 yr old!! We insisted on eating in the bar at an earlier time and again there were a few problems.

Room Tip: book dinner before you arrive
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
h6634_gm, General Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you for your review. I am really sorry it took so long to allocate a room, this is very unusual and not acceptable. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and found the hotel to be in a lovely location with friendly staff. However the room was tired and shabby. The bed wobbled and the chair almost collapsed under me! Bathroom was clean but the shower was rubbish. Also I had to pay for the internet connection.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
h6634_gm, General Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review which we do appreciate. Some of the rooms are now being redecorated and will be finished for the summer.
lancashire uk
Reviewed April 7, 2011

After having two bad expensive experiences at Last Drop Village spa with a very rude & unhelpful lady that I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting again, I think its about time that management at Last Drop Village sent certain staff on improving their social skills, after they ruined my first treatment & experience of the spa with what i can only say was a very rude lady slamming things down & tutting & then finishing the treatment early & not saying a word of what she was doing left me very stressed & upset. I can safely say that neither I or my friends will be using Last Drop Village again.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 7, 2011

From the moment of arrival to paying the bill sthe service was excellent.The room was spacious and the evening meals were imaginitive and well presented.This was the third time of staying within twelve months.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
h6634_gm, Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review it is really appreciated. i am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to The last Drop shortly.

liverpool
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed here for one night (9/03/11) as i didnt want to wake up at home on my thirtieth birthday. Booked through spaandhotelbreak for an excellent price of £77 each for dinner bed and breakfast, full use of all the facilities and a spa treatment each. Hotel itself was very impressive, the grounds are beautiful and the shops, pub and tearoom added that extra something. On arrival we had afternoon tea for 2 in the tearoom which was fantastic, sandwiches, warm scones with jam and clotted cream and lots of different cakes with tea for me and a coffee for mother dearest. Checked in and went to our room (32) just above reception very big, twin beds, a deep bathtub with shower over, large wardrobe, t.v, iron and ironing board hairdryer etc and a view of a courtyard with big trees.But with a very creaky floor, mum tried to decorate the room with banners and balloons for me to wake up to but failed due to the floorboards! Spa was excellent and provided towels for hotel guests. The swimming pool was large but did get busy with children having swimming lessons after school. We went through to the actual spa area this was very quiet and relaxing, i will say this it would be good to have a chart up telling you the best order to use the steam rooms in as if you dont know it is a bit awkward not knowing if there is a correct order in which to go. There are many rooms to choose from after a try of each room we entered the jacuzzi pool which was the highlight of the trip for us but we wish we had better weather so that the shutter would have been open to fully appreciate the fantastic scenery from the jacuzzi. The jets came on intermittently and the massage jet was amazing for easing your back, neck and shoulders we stayed in the jacuzzi for nearly 3 hours in which time only 3 other people entered im not sure if it was just quiet or if me and my mum were just laughing too much and enjoying our relaxing dip. The food from the ala carte menu was to die for, Chicken parfait with caramelised onion chutney, followed by 2 giant juicy chicken breasts, proper potato cakes, seasonal vegetables and black pudding with a delicious sauce then sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. There is plenty of choice throughout the menu. (but we both fancied the same food). Breakfast was delicious again plenty of choice, cereals, cheeses, meats, pastries, breads and so on then you get your hot breakfast it had to be a full english, and it was a FULL english with tea/coffee and toast. Visited the spa again for our treatments (a spray tan and a back, neck and shoulder massage) both treatments were excellent and the staff are not intimidating as is the case so often with spas. This might be a long review for a short stay but i could go on believe me. We are planning to return in may sometime as this is an excellent place to relax , unwind and just take some you time, i have reccomended this hotel to friends, colleauges and my customers and will continue to do so. If you are thinking about booking here for your trip dont hesitate, everything was first class and waking up in a fantastic hotel and getting pampered certainly softened the blow of turning 30!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank princess81Liverpool
h6634_gm, Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. We hope to welcome you back to The Last Drop very soon
Kerian Barnes
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I booked an overnight stay for my Husband & I for Valentines day on a recommendation from other people. On arrival, we booked in earlier than expected and the room was ready. What can i say about the room?? It was small, dark and in desperate need of an overhaul. The bathroom was a throwback from the 70s. It had yellow lino floor, pink tiles and the bath was so small, i couldn't lie down in it. The sealant had all come away around the edge of the bath and there were stains on the ceiling. Very disappointed. We then headed down to the pool. It was an ok pool (i've been in better) again tired looking, nothing special. The outside jacuzzi and steam room was great. Didn't book a treatment, so couldn't comment on that.
We booked a meal in the restaurant for the Valentines night but went for a drink in the bar first. Ordered a drink for my husband & I and added it to the room tab. The Barman checked my signature on the room card against the receipt (very good). The meal was beautiful. £20.00 each for 3 course meal and again added it to the room tab.
Breakfast had a good selection and hot but they ran out of pasties before the finish time and wouldn't replenish them.
Checked out in the morning and was told the amount due from the room tab. I was shocked at the price quoted. When queried, i was told that a bottle of rose wine & another drink had been added to my bill without my knowledge. The receptionist checked the signature of the person who signed it and was obvious that it wasn't mine. I asked how could this of happened if the bar staff from the night before was so thorough. Got an apology and credited with the difference.
Not sure if we will be returning to this Hotel again unless dramatic changes are made.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 116 in Manchester
Premier Inn Bolton (Stadium/Arena) Hotel
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!