“Can't wait to return!”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed here for one night (9/03/11) as i didnt want to wake up at home on my thirtieth birthday. Booked through spaandhotelbreak for an excellent price of £77 each for dinner bed and breakfast, full use of all the facilities and a spa treatment each. Hotel itself was very impressive, the grounds are beautiful and the shops, pub and tearoom added that extra something. On arrival we had afternoon tea for 2 in the tearoom which was fantastic, sandwiches, warm scones with jam and clotted cream and lots of different cakes with tea for me and a coffee for mother dearest. Checked in and went to our room (32) just above reception very big, twin beds, a deep bathtub with shower over, large wardrobe, t.v, iron and ironing board hairdryer etc and a view of a courtyard with big trees.But with a very creaky floor, mum tried to decorate the room with banners and balloons for me to wake up to but failed due to the floorboards! Spa was excellent and provided towels for hotel guests. The swimming pool was large but did get busy with children having swimming lessons after school. We went through to the actual spa area this was very quiet and relaxing, i will say this it would be good to have a chart up telling you the best order to use the steam rooms in as if you dont know it is a bit awkward not knowing if there is a correct order in which to go. There are many rooms to choose from after a try of each room we entered the jacuzzi pool which was the highlight of the trip for us but we wish we had better weather so that the shutter would have been open to fully appreciate the fantastic scenery from the jacuzzi. The jets came on intermittently and the massage jet was amazing for easing your back, neck and shoulders we stayed in the jacuzzi for nearly 3 hours in which time only 3 other people entered im not sure if it was just quiet or if me and my mum were just laughing too much and enjoying our relaxing dip. The food from the ala carte menu was to die for, Chicken parfait with caramelised onion chutney, followed by 2 giant juicy chicken breasts, proper potato cakes, seasonal vegetables and black pudding with a delicious sauce then sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. There is plenty of choice throughout the menu. (but we both fancied the same food). Breakfast was delicious again plenty of choice, cereals, cheeses, meats, pastries, breads and so on then you get your hot breakfast it had to be a full english, and it was a FULL english with tea/coffee and toast. Visited the spa again for our treatments (a spray tan and a back, neck and shoulder massage) both treatments were excellent and the staff are not intimidating as is the case so often with spas. This might be a long review for a short stay but i could go on believe me. We are planning to return in may sometime as this is an excellent place to relax , unwind and just take some you time, i have reccomended this hotel to friends, colleauges and my customers and will continue to do so. If you are thinking about booking here for your trip dont hesitate, everything was first class and waking up in a fantastic hotel and getting pampered certainly softened the blow of turning 30!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank princess81Liverpool
h6634_gm, Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments. We hope to welcome you back to The Last Drop very soon
Regards
Kerian Barnes

Reviewed March 29, 2011

I booked an overnight stay for my Husband & I for Valentines day on a recommendation from other people. On arrival, we booked in earlier than expected and the room was ready. What can i say about the room?? It was small, dark and in desperate need of an overhaul. The bathroom was a throwback from the 70s. It had yellow lino floor, pink tiles and the bath was so small, i couldn't lie down in it. The sealant had all come away around the edge of the bath and there were stains on the ceiling. Very disappointed. We then headed down to the pool. It was an ok pool (i've been in better) again tired looking, nothing special. The outside jacuzzi and steam room was great. Didn't book a treatment, so couldn't comment on that.
We booked a meal in the restaurant for the Valentines night but went for a drink in the bar first. Ordered a drink for my husband & I and added it to the room tab. The Barman checked my signature on the room card against the receipt (very good). The meal was beautiful. £20.00 each for 3 course meal and again added it to the room tab.
Breakfast had a good selection and hot but they ran out of pasties before the finish time and wouldn't replenish them.
Checked out in the morning and was told the amount due from the room tab. I was shocked at the price quoted. When queried, i was told that a bottle of rose wine & another drink had been added to my bill without my knowledge. The receptionist checked the signature of the person who signed it and was obvious that it wasn't mine. I asked how could this of happened if the bar staff from the night before was so thorough. Got an apology and credited with the difference.
Not sure if we will be returning to this Hotel again unless dramatic changes are made.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Myself and a few friends booked in on the residentail pamper weekend and we had a fantastic stay. The package was brilliant value for money. We all had a brilliant weekend, one of the rooms was not as nice as the others but it was still ok. The girls on reception were fantastic in helping us plan our night out after the meal.
My boyfriend booked this as a Christmas present and I will be planning a return visit very soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We held our wedding reception on 05/03/11 in the Penny Farthing Suite.

My wife and I stayed with family and friends Friday and Saturday night with more people joining us on Saturday.

We had dinner in the restaurant on Friday evening which was very tasty at a reasonable price, approximatelty £20 per head for two courses from the al a carte menu. The food is presented wonderfully. Breakfast the following morning was great hot food was made to order on Saturday morning and buffet style on Sunday (due the large number of guests), but was still hot and kept very fresh.

The bedrooms were comfortable although I would suggest more time was needed during cleaning them, nothing major as some people have reported just little things which would make a difference.

The events team were generally good and helpful. Stuart who managed the team in the Penny Farthing Suite on Saturday was extremely helpful and ensured the day/evening went swimmingly. I would like to thank him for all his help throughout the day.

The Spa at the hotel is wonderfully relaxing and is very well maintained.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Weekend spa break with friends, very good experience. We booked a overnight spa break, dinner and breakfast included.
Rooms were clean and everything we needed was there. Some area's of the hotel were being decorated, but this didnt spoil our stay. Food for the evening meal was amazing, very yummy and the staff couldnt do enough for us.
Our experience in the spa was first class, very professional and so relaxing that I fell asleep during my treatment. Loved the pool, especially the heated ourdoor pool...the only thing I would say to do would be order robes in advance as you cant get them when you arrive. I want to go back already!! :-)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We booked though lastminute.com and paid £360 for a 2 night Spa break. Arrived Fri, 3pm and found we had been booked in for 2 x 1/2 hour Spa treatments each, we both loved the treatments but were disappointed that we were not offered any robes, that the big fluffy towels we expected, had seen much better days (thin, discoloured, good for taking a layer of skin off). The guy on reception told a tel. enquirer ' robes, these will probably be in your room, if not, we have some knocking around here somewhere' (classy), TAKE YOUR OWN ! We also had to ask for our free Decleor gift but wished we hadnt bothered as we felt embarrassed having to ask for these in the first place, the young girl couldnt locate them, had to ring someone and the end result? 2 x small samples BUT in a very nice Decleor bag!!!
Good points: Pool and Thermal Suite, very nice outdoor infinity jacuzzi (just ignore the car park it overlooks, oh and the fumes). Food was excellent - we upgraded as the menu allocated as part of our package was quite dull. Our 2nd day of our 2 night Spa Break - well we couldnt book any treatments as they were fully booked, so we decided to book for Sun morning. However, after reflecting on the Spa Experience overall, we decided to cancel this and spend our money elsewhere...........

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We have recently come back from travelling around the world on a budget. During that time we stayed in some complete dives and so we are not averse to bad hostels or dorms/shacks.

I decided to treat my fiancée to a spa break at the last drop village, which I bought on last minute.com. The dramas started when my fiancée phoned up the hotel enquiring about the gift I had bought her just to check if she would still be able to recieve the treatments that I had paid for in the package.

The staff promptly informed her that the 2 treatments were not available as they were fully booked up for the day. So despite paying for the spa package for 2 ... Which cost £199. We wouldn't have the treatments on the day that I had purchased them for! The hotel receptionist said bluntly "well your partner should of booked a slot after booking online!" there is nothing to say when you book that you must arrange treatment times riot to arriving for your spa package.

The customer service at this hotel is by far the worst I have ever seen. Reception staff are short with you and tut at you when you ask them simple questions like is there a cash machine!!!

There is a pub in the so called village! I popped in for a pint prior to having our valentines meal ( which was very nice) there was another couple in the pub. I asked the bar man for a pint and he said he couldn't serve me because he didn't have a card!!! He went to get one and came back after 15 mins!! I then asked him could I watch the rugby on the tv and he bluntly said no. I asked why and he pointed to the couple and said "they're watching the football" I asked the only 2 people in there are you watching the tv they wasn't.. They was playing pool! They said to the bar man to turn over and he said I can't I'll have to ask my manager because you won't believe how much hassle it is to turn the channel over!!! He then poured my pint and I left him with it in his hand and walked out...

The hotel itself is ok it needs a good clean though and smells of mold and musky as if people are smoking in rooms or something.

The foreign staff who work here are the only redeeming feature they know how to be polite and courteous. The same cannot be said for all the English staff who are to the point of being rude! With the exception of the spa reception staff!! Front of house and everyone elses attitude stinks as bad as there rooms!

There is more chance of me stepping on mars than through there doors again.... Seriously try somewhere else

• Stayed: February 2011
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 120 in Manchester
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!