“Great food, great staff”
Review of The Orange Tree

The Orange Tree
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dartford
“Great food, great staff”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went for Sunday Carvery today. She had been before and recommended it to me. What a find! For some time this old, somewhat run down pub was closed. It's now open again, cleaned up and nicely refurbished (in keeping with its age) and serving a spectacular carvery! We were warmly welcomed and shown to our table, and shortly invited to the servery by the chef. He's obviously very - and justly - proud of the quality and variety of his food. There was a choice of any or all of pork, beef and gammon, beautiful yorkshire pud, and more vegetables than I can remember - including roast and boiled potatoes, creamed swede, carrots, onions in gravy, cauliflower cheese and cabbage. Where to start?! Honestly, just the dinner you wish you'd bother to do for yourself.

I wasn't paying for myself, but I think the carvery is under £10 a head. Very good value for freshly prepared, good quality fare.

From a Lady's point of view - and this is very important - the "Ladies" was perfectly pleasant to use: clean, tidy, sweet smelling, and with matching liquid soap and hand cream provided. There were also plenty of paper hand towels - so much better than a ghastly hot air blower.

Visited December 2013

“Maintaining and setting the standard in Dartford”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Another visit, another great meal. Despite the recent hot weather went back to the pub last week and had an amazing meal here. The evening carvary is still up to standard and the salad bar I have seen is well stocked and fresh.

Still great food and maintaining the standard is great to see!

• Visited July 2013
“Great Food, Atmosphere, Staff - this place has the lot!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When I heard The Orange Tree was re-opening, I gathered a small group and went to the opening night - and a good time was had by all! I've been back since for the Carvery and weekend entertainment nights and can't get enough of this place. The new managers are great and seem to have really turned the place around. I highly recommend a visit.

• Visited March 2013
“Great food from very friendly people”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Been to this place three times now once the first week it opened then on Mother's Day and again on Wedsnesday this week.

Basically the pub now operates a carvery as well which compliments the feel of this pub really well.

The carvery is amazing and clearly carefully prepared to a high standard. Each time I have gone in there have been at least two choices of meet and freshly made Yorkshireman and vegetables. Each time there has been a variety of vegetables full stocked and fresh. Unlike most local places its not overly packed but if this carries on I can easily see it becoming very very popular.

I certainly will be returning as it is the best carvery I have been in for ages!

The pub also does some pretty good entertainment on Friday nights although my big thing is the food.