“Lovely moroccan food”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely moroccan food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

lots of choice on the menu and all looked delicious. what we ordered was so tasty, scraped the dishes clean! can't wait to visit again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank aar31

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Worthy of its Reputation”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My other half and I finally made the Alimo for the Sunday roast last week and what a splendid meal in turned out to be. The Alimo has a warm and welcoming ambience, not surprising as it is owned and run by two brothers from Tunsia who really value great food as well as their reputation.

The service was immaculate - friendly and attentive without being in any way 'in your face'.
The food was superbly food; the roast beef and stuffed pork delicious, and the portions huge.
I admit I was a little peeved when my good lady announced she was happily full without
desert - not surprising as we both cleaned out plate; I suspect we would have licked them if
there hadn't been any other diners around - though the restaurant area is very spacious.

We settled for the coffee (delicious) and I had a chat with Ali, the elder brother, before we left,
and it won't be long till we're back.

I've tried most restaurants in Whitstable and I've yet to find the Alimo's Sunday roast equaled and certainly never bettered.

Yummy yums!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jon K
“Enchanting ambiance; great food!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We had walked by the restaurant earlier yesterday and been captivated by the menu. We booked whilst enjoying a cream tea at the Castle and although they were full, a table was found for us. We were met by a lovely waiter on our arrival and nothing was too much trouble. The owner came out to chat to us before our meal arrived and we shared stories about Morocco. We couldn't fault the food or the wine and all of it was well priced. We even left with a bottle of Lebanese wine which we will save till Christmas and remember our brilliant evening at The Alimo.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cate H
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“70th birthday with family”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

went here for my 70th birthday,on my birthday 23 november the food was good but as there was a party of 20 plus,time was spent looking after them so the service and time getting our meal was a lot to ask for. will go back again on week day then it will perhaps be be better service.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank barnett43
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Vegetarian Treat!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

What a charming restaurant, such a surprise when you walk in! Beautiful bar area in red and gold authentic decor with comfortable sofas and attractive wall hangings. The main restaurant is very comfortable and I love the idea of round tables for larger parties. The Manager took care of us and was friendly and attentive.
An extensive menu and plenty of choice for the vegetarian / pescetarian. I chose the vegetable tegine and it was delicious, beautifully cooked, fragrant and served with couscous which complimented it very well.
I highly recommend the Alimo and will definitely go back for more!!

• Visited December 2013