“Simply fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wheelers Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A sea food restaurant overing a vast selection of sea food, from a al la carte menu to take away seafood. We are BYO drinks and we don't charge corkage.
London, United Kingdom
“Simply fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

About third time we have visited. We booked late so got a spot at the bar, which is fun so do not let that put you off (and book early as it is very small). All food was outstanding, as usual, dishes incorporate traditional ingredients but with a twist eg some Asian inspiration in my salmon starter. BYO so works out very reasonable indeed. Great atmosphere, service and food, what else do you need!

Visited April 2013

Henlow
“Excellent Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked late but managed to get a 17.00 slot in the restuarant last Friday not really knowing what I had let us in for. One of the nice things about Wheelers is that it is not licensed so you take your own bottle ( bottles). This saves money on the booze allowing for more to be spent on the excellent food. We had arrived in town early and I asked if they would put my fizz in their fridge until our time arrived and they kindly did. The staff were very helpful and attentive throughout. Having said that the place is tiny and keeping an eye on the customers is not difficult. The menu is about right, not too many dishes that you know cannot be cooked fresh but enough on there to make it hard to choose. Lovely meal in an unusual setting. I will be going back in the future as I enjoyed it but if you do not like fish this is definately not your place.
I would give this full marks except for the toilet. Not good.

• Visited May 2013
Rochester
“Very quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I don't know if this place is related to the wheelers chain but but it is very good and staff helpful and attentive. If you love oysters come here because they do them every which way you can imagine.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank TJS123Rochester
London, United Kingdom
“Snack at the front bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stopped in on the off chance of getting a quick snack and managed to sit in the front bar area. We had some lovely oysters which shallot vinegar! They were very tasty. Lots of cold seafood snacks up until 1pm I think! Definitely worth dropping in! You can also bring in your own alcohol if you like.

Visited May 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Superb dining and unique venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had no idea what to expect and was blown away with this cosy dining experience. The staff were delightful and I have to say on this occasion so were the other guests who were very friendly.

The food was cooked to perfection as would be expected in any genuine seafood restaurant and the menu listed fish not seen often.

Taking our own wine was a real plus.

My friend and I enjoyed this thoroughly..

• Visited May 2013