All reviews sea view shepherd neame lovely hotel tankerton slopes sea front function room wedding reception superior room eggs benedict bar food seaside hotel public areas fresh milk first floor lovely room kippers car park
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

I have been generous in saying they are average. I suspect that most of their food is microwaved and it's very hot and miss re quality. On a few occasions we have eaten here it's been poor quality and service is extremely amateur.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017

I have stayed here a couple of time in the last year, each time it was pleasant, comfortable and quite. The rooms are of a good size, comfortable beds with decent pillows. Rooms at the rear of the hotels whilst they don't have the sea view do not have the noise of the road ad are extremely quiet. Sea view room also have so called balconies that are to be avoided due to the pigeon droppings all over. Given the choice I'd pay less money for a quieter room. The staff are friendly and efficient and the breakfast is full and hearty. I'd stay here again for the one or two nights I need with out hesitation.

Room Tip: pay less for a non-sea view room, they are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Expectations were understandably low as this hotel is owned by Shepherds Neame. However, we decided to eat there so we knew what we were in for. And so it played out. 2 sirloin steaks, one medium and one medium rare were presented as one medium and one well done. The member of staff complained that, as per usual, there was no communication as to cutlery. The bar staff couldn't open the till as the manager had gone home with the emergency key. The watercress had expired some time ago and was barely recognisable. Such fun to be had if you dare eat here......

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy H
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Me and a friend booked to stay here for a little celebration do so we booked on of the front rooms with the balconies over looking the sea !
We arrived and were booked in straight away and let up too our room although when we got up there there was a maid still working on the room !
The hotel has it's own car park which wasn't the easiest too find but we did in the end ,it was large and we found a place easily to leave the car!
The hotel itself is lovely it's decor is really nice with different areas to sit and eat etc!There was a wedding going on the day we were there so it was quite busy on a Thursday !
The seating area out the front is great it's comfy and has great views across the tankerton slopes etc!we took our drinks over to the slopes on the grass area and sat on the benches there later on as the wedding party had taken all of the seating area out the front!
Our room was a good size and again decorated lovely the balcony out the front was what made it we had table and chairs out there and we sat and had some champagne and enjoyed the world going by and the beautiful views!!
One big problem in the room was flies lots and lots of dead tiny flies all over the window sills and in the bath and other areas which obviously hadn't been cleaned away by the maid!!
We had a lovely nights sleep the beds were super comfy the place was quiet and we slept with the balcony doors open all night!!
For dinner we decided to eat in the hotel we both ordered burgers and they were really lovely and tasty!
We had the breakfast in the morn also I had the full English and my friend had the vegetarian breakfast and again both were really nice and plenty of it!!
The staff in the place were all really friendly and lovely and made us feel very welcome!!we will definantly return to this hotel again

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a 'seafront' room and my room was so ridiculously noisy.

When people were in corridor they may as well have been sitting in end of my bed I could hear them so clearly thanks to the gap under door of the room.

When neighbours took a shower or went for a wee you could even hear them turn on the taps and the whistling of the water in pipes was a delight

No lock on inside of the door so had to stack luggage up against it overnight

Traffic noise outside awful

Worst of all the smell, room absolutely stank of cooked fish from the restaurant downstairs, disgusting

I regret booking here, never again and only giving 3 stars not 2 because the staff were so lovely

Very disappointed