Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Three of us ate oysters there two days in a row in the first weekend of January 2020. After eating there the second day, two of us were violently ill and didn't feel quite right again for two weeks afterwards. I wrote to the restaurant to advise them as an informative gesture, but received no response, so I'm not sure if they care at all about their processes.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (355)

Reviewed January 3, 2020

After a New Years Day walk on the beach, we ordered a dozen oysters at The Forge. Of the 6 of us who ate, three are now seriously ill with food poisoning.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Stopped off for fish & chips at the Forge today placed the order and then waited and waited and waited. 1st the coffee came after 15 mins I should have quit then but having cycled 40 miles I was ready to eat! 40 minutes later just as I was about to explode the food arrived. I must say it was a decent portion and the fish was well cooked. The chips were almost as awful as the service.
Having been told to visit the Forge by a couple of friends it was a major let down! I don’t think it helps that a bunch of kids are serving and spend more time messing about rather than looking after the customers.
Would not recommend at all!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2019

Absolutely some of the best oysters I have ever eaten. Well worth a stop here. They are shucked for you and served ice cold in the shell. Nothing better!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

Went here with my wife, married daughter, her husband and child. We wanted to experience fish and chips on the beach and where better than the Forge. However, my daughter is a coeliac (she needs GF food) and the forge were able to provide. Food was ordered - we waited - too long - then we sat on the shingle beach and devoured typical British and great fish and chips.

Date of visit: August 2019