All reviewssea viewmini barsash windowsnice bathroomoysterseast quaybuffet stylepancake machinesea frontlovely hotelblack puddingcar parkdeluxe roomfamily roombreakfast was amazingfirst floorfantastic stay
Reviewed November 15, 2017

My family and I, stayed in whitstable for two days, we went to this hotel's restaurant and it was magnificent. The food was tasty, the staff really friendly and the atmosphere was relaxing. As it is in a lovely location, this hotel haves some beautiful views. It is highly recommendable for, families, couples and friends.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

This the second time of staying at this hotel,both times on business, I got a good deal through Hotels.com .
Had a nice fairly big room with a large very comfortable bed , over looking the sea with a balcony but my only complaint was
In my opinion a small bathroom.
I didn’t really have time to use the facilities of the hotel as only there for one night, I did have a late drink in the bar that was fine ,some really comfortable seats available, more like a lounge than a bar!
The major fault with hotel is the breakfast, such a disappointment, such a bad start to the day ; why do hotels continue to use this buffet help your self style way of serving food ( I do know ,a so called cost saving ) .
I was greeted by a waitress, asked if I wanted tea or coffee, then found a table overlooking the sea .
With a nice cup of coffee and a quick read of my complementary paper I decided to choose my , this was 9am ,30 minuets
Before breakfast finished , there was plenty of food to choose, plenty of people still eating food but everything was dry or tough I suspect quite a lot of the food had been there a while ; I ate most of it as I was hungry but it wasn’t good , left my two fried eggs couldn’t force them down !
Such a shame I was recently in Norfolk for two days on business, hotels there cooked breakfast to order , similar price for the stay !
I don’t suppose my moan will change any thing , I think I would prefer not to pay for breakfast and go to a local Weatherspoons and eat fresher cooked food , he ho .

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Hotel_Continental29, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

We are very surprised and sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your breakfast as we get regular compliments about it. The buffet style allows us to offer a wide choice of food and means that guests can return for as many helpings as they like. Food is cooked throughout the morning to ensure that it is fresh.

Breakfast is complimentary for hotel guests so it definitely would have been more expensive to go elsewhere.

Best wishes

Reviewed November 8, 2017

The hotel has been recently updated. the rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable. The service in the hotel was superb, all the staff were very friendly and helpful
We ate in the restaurant on both nights of our stay and the quality of food was terrific

Room Tip: Rooms do have sea views but need to be requested when booking
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

No lift, steep stairs, very unsuitable for elderly or anyone needing assistance to the bedrooms. No quiet lounge for residents.
The bar area was full of the general public, mostly accompanied by their dog or dogs, leaving very little room for paying guests.
Close to the sea but as a Hotel, not good value and I certainly would not re-book.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Hotel_Continental29, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

We would never recommend the hotel to anyone with mobility issues because as you say we do not have a lift and for insurance reasons we cannot physically aid anyone up the stairs. We are always happy to assist with luggage.

Our bar and restaurant are open to the general public but only one out of three large areas is dog friendly.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after a local family wedding.
The hotel is in a lovely location, right on the seafront.
Our room very clean and comfortable however it was very small and had a view of the car park at the rear. We had a good night sleep and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Well presented and hot with lovely quality produce and products.
The staff were professional and friendly.
However based on the room size I dont think this hotel is really worth the price tag.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family