“Nice place”

Ranked #6 of 134 Restaurants in Whitstable
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Nice, friendly service. The fish was good and the location good. I would be very happy to visit again and can recommend the restaurant. Parking was easy too - right outside!

1  Thank Ann C

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Fish and chips from this shop was delicious. The servings were massive and a large fish was indeed very big.

The chips were soggy. If that's your thing then you`ll love it.

The customer service was good.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

On the 12th July 2014, which was also the day of the Whitstable Regatta, Ozzie and his amazing groups of chefs cooked 32 portions of cod and chips for the local National Coastwatch Supper. Tt was booked for 8.15pm, and served on time, so that the it could then be taken to the beach where the Watchkeepers and their families were waiting.

The food was prepared on the busiest night of the year and queues were forming down the road as my husband walked in to collect our 32 portions.

If you haven't tried Ozzies fish and trip you must asap.

1  Thank Lesley W
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Can't thank Ossie and his team enough. We wanted fish and chips for our wedding by the sea and he couldn't have been more accommodating or professional. We discussed options for packaging, side orders, cutlery - he even did a special cut so we could use the boxes we sourced. We read the positive reviews before approaching and even did a mystery shop before hand and the quality was exactly the same. I know so many people at professional wedding venues who eat a lovely meal when choosing their options and are then let down on the day, however, this was not the case here. Food on the day was amazing - consistent quality and portions, piping hot, not a single bone. Our guests loved it and it flew off the tables. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I don't normally write reviews, but felt a need to do so after my bad experience last night.
I went to Ossies at 6pm I was ordering fish and chips for 3 people, I waited 20 minutes before my order was taken only to be told the fish would take another 15 minutes because there was none ready. It was chaos in there and everyone after me was getting served first because they had phoned through there order. I was not happy and politely expressed that I had waited 40 minutes. They were not at all apologetic, infact quite rude. They obviously put the customers who order by phone first and the ones who do not have to wait.
I will not be using this fish and chip shop again.

4  Thank 812sultan