“nearly there”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went the for our christmas party,(we have been a couple of times) the food was good and gary emanuel was great,so all in all we had a good time.....the only down side was the drag queen..why was he there? it was'nt his show so please keep him out until it is. Also we paid for our meal and entertainment, so why was people allowed to just come in off the street? they got in everyones way and they didnt pay....mybe next xmas the doors should be closed for anyone not paying.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Been here a few times now and always found it ok , food not amazing but good and all staff very attentive , great place for good food , atmosphere and location . I would like to praise all the young girls that work there they make me and my family want to go back

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My partner and I fancied trying somewhere a little different to the generic Prezzo and Zizzis in whitstsble, (as lovely as they are) so popped along to The Lounge in Tankerton last night. They had obviously tried very hard to make it look nice and first impressions were ok but we sat at dark brown plastic wood effect tables with mauve napkins - it seemed a little 'diner' ish to me. We enquired whether they were doing food (as no body else was eating) to which they replied yes. We sat outselves down and spent a little while twiddling our thumbs untill they brought us over a menu. The menu has some nice looking mains, lamb, steak, fish but we ordered 5 or 6 meze dishes and a couple of drinks. The lady who had taken our order then proceeded to make herself busy for a good 5-10 mins before she caught my eye and then quickly made our drinks. When they arrived she put them on the table and said 'sorry i forgot.' At this point i though we'd made a bit of an error with this place and dreaded when and what we would have arrive infront of us.
Suprisingly the food followed very quickly and was absolutely delicious. Freshly fried calamari, warm breads, the biggest plate of hollumi i have ever seen, very generous portions. The only thing we didnt really eat was our ravioli however this was through personal taste not the quality of food.
I did ask for the bill which never came, so got up to pay, £28 was a very good price for the food but unfortunately for us the service, though the ladies were very pleasant, was a little lack luster.
Perfect place to go if you want to pick at a few tasty bit and have time on your hands but wont be rushing back myself.

1  Thank VegMonster
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had a most fabulous day celebrating my birthday at the lounge. Started at 4 with the friends who only wanted a quiet drink and at 7.30 had a 3 course meal cooked to perfection for friends who wanted to make an evening of it. The relaxed atmosphere and attentive staff made my birthday memorable and special. Thank you to you all. Will be deinately recommending and returning.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great place for lunch or dinner has entertainment most weekends. food is excellent and service is very friendly, welcome addition to Tankerton.