“Great Local Pub with Restaurant”
Review of The Monument

The Monument
Ranked #10 of 134 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went to the Monument with my partner on a Friday night after not visiting fot some while. On tap were Theakstones Old Peculier and Harveys Bitter. Both can be hard to keep and both tasted good, particulalrly the Old Peculier!
Our meals were really nice. Starters of whitebait and crab and prawn salad were freshly made as were the mains. Can't report on the desserts as we had run out of room by the time we had finished the rest.
Although not on the front we would recommend the Monument to anyone visiting Whitstable as a friendly place to drink and eat (it's near the railway station and the Crab and Winkle Line). And to anyone else local who hasn't visited the Monument already.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

A work Christmas party took 22 of us to the Monument for a meal and I was extremely impressed with all aspects of our visit. The food was excellent and despite being such a big group everyone's meals were hot and no one was kept waiting. The homemade desserts were really tasty. The meal was excellent value for money and The Monument is somewhere I would return to time and time again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visit the pub offen as I find it the best pub in Whitstable. A very friendly pub suitable for families with children. Good quality food both for adults and children. Big portions and the homemade desserts are the best I've ever tasted. Would recommend The Monument to everyone. I have had many family birthdays there and we also had my son christening there which everyone of our family said the food was excellent. There is also a big children's play area and animals for children to look at. Fantastic pub !

Reviewed January 3, 2013

this pub is always a friendly place to b have been goin here for at least 3 yrs the food is good pleasing all 3 of my children who all have different tastes in food . , you wont be disappointed if u visist the monument x staff, and customers are always friendly x

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although a regular diner at the Monument, I went with a family party for a Christmas meal in December. They can be quite fussy, but I must say that the meal was absolutely delicious, especially the home made sticky toffee pudding!! Despite there being 25 of us, the food came out piping hot and cooked to pefection, and there was plenty of it too. The staff were very friendly and efficient and nothing was too much bother. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I will definitley be back to eat their again soon.