“very friendly”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

this pub is always a friendly place to b have been goin here for at least 3 yrs the food is good pleasing all 3 of my children who all have different tastes in food . , you wont be disappointed if u visist the monument x staff, and customers are always friendly x

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although a regular diner at the Monument, I went with a family party for a Christmas meal in December. They can be quite fussy, but I must say that the meal was absolutely delicious, especially the home made sticky toffee pudding!! Despite there being 25 of us, the food came out piping hot and cooked to pefection, and there was plenty of it too. The staff were very friendly and efficient and nothing was too much bother. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I will definitley be back to eat their again soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have visited this pub many times over the years and have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent, the staff are wonderfull and the location is good to. Recommended this place!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We are regulars to The Monument either for Sunday dinners or lunchtime meals and the staff/chef never disappoint us. All staff and management are always friendly and helpful and always take the time to talk to us and remain professional at all times. The food has been the best we have tasted out of all the pubs/restaurants in Whitstable and is a great value for money, the portion sizes are great and my children love the variety they have on the children's menu. I have also held my sons christening party there and we always hold family functions there eg, Mothers/fathers day, my dads 60th, xmas party's and mostly all special occasions. I could never find a bad word to say regarding The Monument truly is a family friendly pub with amazing food to top it off!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

4 of us and our 2 children had sunday lunch at The Monument Pub. I have to write a review as it was was the best roast dinner we have had for a long time! We all have big appetites but we could not finish our meal. Lots of beautifully cooked veg, carrots, cauliflower cheese and brussels. and roast potatoes to die for and new pots too! The roast beef was just amazing. One of our guests had the liver and bacon and when it arrived he cheered as it looked perfect. I have been at the Monument before for lunch but this truly was the best may be they have changed the chef. Well worth a visit and to top it all the price was a bargin. Staff very friendly and helpful. Also for the BIG eaters they do a special where you can order 'extra' for your roast dinner and get extra of everything, our dinners were HUGE!