“Unlike” 1 of 5 bubbles

Shapla Tandoori
Ranked #81 of 121 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Whitstable
“Unlike”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Looks can be so deseving...

At first glance, Shapla looks warm, inviting and appears popular. It's not until I went inside that I was let down in every possible way.

Food - in my opinion, the worst curry ever. Honestly.
Service - arrogant.
Cleanliness - almost satisfactory.
Managagment - uninterested and inept.

It's not often I regret trying a new restaurant and giving my custom to a local business, however, last night was an exception. Shapla let me down in every possible way and I would only suggest you visit this place if you want to experience how a curry should not be cooked and served without a smile.

The manager was uninterested in listening to any form of complaint and showed no interest in understanding why his food and restaurant let me down, and why his staff will remain inept while working alongside his low standards.

There are so many great restaurants in Whitstable where the food is wonderful and the delivered to you by people that care about what they do. Unless the standards improve, Shapla Tandoori does not deserve a space on any High Street.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tRip21_4

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“The worst Indian food ive ever tasted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Without a doubt the worst Indian food ive ever eaten, and then when we complained the offered to replace it with a takeaway. I had a Lamb Tikka Mosala and the lamb was tough and reheated to death, in a sauce which i can only describe as uninspiring and bland. My partner had a prawn korma and that was equally as bland. I can honestly say that a jar of Tesco Value Korma has more taste. Anyone who says the food here is good obviously hasnt eaten properly cooked indian food.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank csnell71
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have lived in whitstable now for 7 years and have been going to the shapla for the 7 years we have been here, its small but really friendly place, the food is very very good the manager cant do enough for you. So if you want a great meal call in your always welcome.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Extremely Rude Staff & Sickening Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I can honestly say that this is the worst restaurant I have ever been to in my life, not only were the staff so rude and unwelcoming the food came cold which we had to send all 5 main courses back, when it finally came hot I wish i had gone to the supermarket and brought microwave meals for us all, it was absolutely tasteless. To put the icing on the cake my wife was up all night with sickness and diarrhoea and is off work today!!

So hard to explain in words how bad the restaurant is, but I would strongly advise to go elsewhere!

Hope this helps…

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank John F
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Awful service! The staff were so rude. Me and 4 friends popped in here late on saturday night and will never be returning to this restaurant again for a takeaway. I found 4 hairs in my chicken tandoori and was digusted and the hygene in this establishment.

3 Thank michael198619