“Lovely independent cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Margate
“Lovely independent cafe”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I really enjoyed visiting the cafe, it's got a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the food is great.
The portions are huge and very reasonably priced and it's the sort of food that feels good for you as it's so fresh and varied.
It's very unpretentious and homely, and the shop element adds quite an interesting backdrop.
I found the staff really helpful contrary to previous reviews on here and I'll definitely go back next time I visit Whitstable.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Margatess

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“such a brilliant cafe!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We absolutely love this rustic cafe/restaurant and it is starting Tapas and games evenings in the autumn. I just wish we lived nearer so we could go in the evenings.
Mushrooms on toast for breakfast are to die for!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Janey M
Kent, United Kngdom
“So different to the BIG Coffee Chains and well worth it”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you want a sterile, anodine and dull experience, go to those mega coffee chains and you won't be disappointed.

However, if you re after somejing a little off beat and welcoming, go to Windy Corner. Delightful food in very pleasant surrounds and at reasonable cost. If you go for the Full English be prepared to wax lyrical about IT AND ESPECIALLY the mushrooms.

3 Thank Manfromthebubble
London
“Top Class Breakfast”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We decided to try Windy Corner Stores for breakfast after passing by and seeing the fantastic lunch being served. We had one full English (£6.80) and one vegetarian breakfast (£6.50) including tea. Both breakfasts were fantastic and the vegetarian was particularly imaginative featuring a stuffed pepper in the centre, which was unexpected but very tasty indeed. Portions were huge and well cooked. A competitor for our old favourite, Tea and Times.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank AdoptedLondoner
London, England, United Kingdom
“Capturing the spirit of Whitstable”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Windy Corner is the perfect establishment for this town of ours. It is quirky, even a bit nutty, but that fits in well with the Whitstable spirit. I love the home-baked bread - we live on it all year round rather than the rubbery rubbish from the supermarkets. The food is excellent, in particular the fresh coffee, BLT butties and have you ever tasted a better brownie?! As for the staff, I have always found them polite, chilled and friendly. What more could I ask for? I do hope they get the thumbs up from Canterbury City Council to open late and serve meals. I think Windy C is the best thing that has happened to Island Wall and the environs in recent years.

• Visited July 2012