“It's a chain but service is very good.”

Prezzo - Whitstable
Ranked #66 of 136 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurant are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Going to a "chain" restaurant is sacrilegious in Whitstable really, but Saturday lunchtime, the town was really heaving - De la Cote has now gone, Samphire had no tables, so we had to resort to Prezzo's. Exactly as imagined really - standard pizza/pasta menu. Nothing exceptional in the cooking, but nothing actually bad either. I will give credit to the service from the young staff which was really good and friendly. Also a nice family atmosphere. Would go there again, but probably only if everywhere else too busy again....

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went for dinner last week with the usual internet voucher expecting the usual good food and atmosphere but it was very disappointing!
I ordered Calazone and was very disappointed. I have had this several times before at Prezzo and always enjoyed it but not this time! It was almost all dough and peppers! I also ordered a side salad and was told that I didn't need one as it came with a salad. When it arrived it was more of a side dressing than a salad! I then ordered a side salad! The house red wine was revolting and tasted like Ribena - I gave up on our bottle and had a glass of Shiraz. There was a strong cold wind blowing and we were seated in the draft - despite the restaurant being empty - not in any huury to go back

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I had an evening meal around 6.30 pm one Sunday in January. The service was good but as a chain restaurant there is little atmosphere as 20 or more people are crammed in using small tables - one table of 4 people had the white wine in an ice bucket on the floor to provide room for the food! I had a dry pizza which had a miniscule topping while my wife had a very good salad with plenty of fresh produce and an excellent dressing. We both had large glasses of wine but at £6.20 for a very ordinary pinot grigio the wine does not come cheap. £31 for two people is reasonable but I will not be coming back.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our family of 15 had dinner here to celebrate my 2nd Daughter's 30th Birthday. Our party consisted of several generations from the age of 2 up to 91. The waiting staff at this restaurant are patient and professional. The chefs are amazing and present the food at its best. We Thank all the staff for their service and attention. Well done!

1  Thank Colin T
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Didn't know the town and needed a quality supper with some wine so we headed for a brand we know well, and not disappointed. Service was very good being made to feel very welcome.